Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SRC Shoot Out (Read 6472 times) previous topic - next topic

SRC Shoot Out

I just found this  http://src.infinitewave.ca/

Seems my current method (Voxengo) is very good indeed, so my ears can't be too bad :-)  Opinions?

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #1
No SSRC?

I just use SRC or SSRC. I doubt any higher quality would be recognizable anyway. I believe these fancy, expensive resamplers would only be useful in studio environments, and even there they might be overkill.

Edit: They should feature the Windows ACM resamples there

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #2
Does anyone know an app on Windows that uses the Izotope SRC?

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #3
Which one is by Voxengo?
Interesting differences between the Magix (Sequoia, Samplitude) products, btw.
However, I wish there was more explanation about the settings used (although i guess they they were set to max) and about the test setup. A scientific test is only valid if one can reproduce it.

As to SSRC: if I find the time I'm gonna try and do a similar test myself.

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #4
Which one is by Voxengo?
Interesting differences between the Magix (Sequoia, Samplitude) products, btw.
However, I wish there was more explanation about the settings used (although i guess they they were set to max) and about the test setup. A scientific test is only valid if one can reproduce it.

As to SSRC: if I find the time I'm gonna try and do a similar test myself.

I use R8Brain Pro, Minimum Phase.  However I may try to find something with the iZotope SRC.  And I'd really like to see SSRC tested in a similar manor.

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #6
<Quote: "And I'd really like to see SSRC tested in a similar manor.">

OK, here it is.

I tried to simulate a similar test setup, however it is not identical to infinitewave. But you can reproduce it on your own, presuming you have Audition of course.

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #8

And I'd really like to see SSRC tested in a similar manor.

I doubt the architectural surroundings will make any difference 

Haha, dick :-D

Aww, I like that. As long as you end it with a smilie, noone will bother how offensive the text is. You retard

To stay on topic, nice-looking result for SSRC. But in another thread not far from here, it was said that you can't say something will sound good from looking at graphs. I know many people here will know what to look for in the graphs in this case (I'm not completely sure I do), and you can get a good deal of information from them. But where do you draw the line?

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #9
You mean your name isn't Richard?

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #10
To stay on topic, nice-looking result for SSRC. But in another thread not far from here, it was said that you can't say something will sound good from looking at graphs. I know many people here will know what to look for in the graphs in this case (I'm not completely sure I do), and you can get a good deal of information from them. But where do you draw the line?

I guess you draw the line when you put psychoacoustic processing into the mix. I remember Ivan once saying a perfect psychoacoustic encoder would "look" to produce only noise when looking at graphs, but that noise would be inaudible.

Sampling rate conversion, OTOH, is a much simpler process than lossy compression, so looking at graphs should be mostly OK. But the doubt remains: are those "artifacts" we are looking at actually audible? Some very professional DAW software, like SADiE, seem to output positively horrid samples. I find it hard to believe that a 5-figure workstation produces crap sampling rate conversions.

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #11
rjamorim: Based on quick look at colors, the artifacts could be inaudible in most cases (might be audible with some test tones though.) But if those figures aren't from the worst case scenario, it would be better to use some other tool for SRC. Especially if the signal must be converted more than once to a different sampling-rate.

Overall it's nice to see that there are also good and 'free' tools available for SRC.

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #12
I doubt the architectural surroundings will make any difference 

Aww, I like that. As long as you end it with a smilie, noone will bother how offensive the text is. You retard

I would be delighted if we no longer communicated, MedO.

Can anyone show/tell me how I can perform similar tests myself?  I am interested to see what horrible things Ableton Live is doing to my music...

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #13

I'm sorry if you took offense at my posts, it was only meant as a joke, not a personal attack.

SRC Shoot Out

Reply #15

I'm sorry if you took offense at my posts, it was only meant as a joke, not a personal attack.

Ah, entirely my fault, I am sorry I miss understood :-)  Please accept my apology.

No problem, I should maybe be more careful what I write. On a foru like this one, where many/most people (including me) are not native english speakers, it's easy to write something which is completely misunderstood.