Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooNight FooDay (Read 160517 times) previous topic - next topic

FooNight FooDay

Reply #75
Thank you qwertz, all is working now.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #76
Thanks for your help qwertz! I haven't had time to try implementing the code you suggested yet, but I will soon. One thing that just started happening, which I can't fix even with a fresh install and re-downloading and re-importing the fcl, is the album art displayed is from the track before it. In other words, when I change the track, the album art remains as the art for the track before it, and if I change tracks again, the art will switch to the art for the track I tried playing right before the new track. Any ideas why this might be happening?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #77
In other words, when I change the track, the album art remains as the art for the track before it, and if I change tracks again, the art will switch to the art for the track I tried playing right before the new track. Any ideas why this might be happening?

@shiphtfour and @qwertz

I spent much time to find out what the cause is: WHS Panel Mode!
Newest foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll from 01.06.2009 is the cause, 
switching back to foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll v.1.1.7 from 5.5.2009 and now it's ok again. 

I hope that helps with your foobar too!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #78
@Erich_2
Sorry, what a nonsense...
Cover art display in FooNight has nothing to do with wsh panel mod!
This behaviour seems to be caused by PSS and a some time bad refresh of the $get_ps_global(cover.path) in the child panel...

FooNight FooDay

Reply #79
It's an odd bug between PSS and WSH mod. To fix this issue, activate pseudo transparency in the cover panel.

Right-click on the cover -> Splitter Settings -> Behaviour -> pseudo transparent

Also works with the latest WSH Mod v.1.1.8

FooNight FooDay

Reply #80
Another fix would be to create the global variable in the cover panel instead of the main splitter...

FooNight FooDay

Reply #81
Wouldn't need a global variable then, wouldn't I

Somehow WSH interferes with the refresh of the panel, and that only if the panel is a child panel, I never had this problem in a parent panel. Still it's only a small issue, until v.1.1.8 it only occurred right after importing the skin, a restart of foobar fixed the problem.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #82
You're right, you wouldn't need a global variable then

Another workaround:
Disable transparency in WSH Panel mod and add this as first line to function on_paint(gr):
gr.FillSolidRect(0, 0, window.Width, window.Height, RGB(15, 15, 16));

Seems that both panels, PSS and WSH Panel mod, need to have pseudo transparent or not...
But its still a refresh problem of PSS, not WSH Panel mod.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #83
Thanks tedgo

A shame really, but I never had the nerve delve in WSH Mod.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #84
Quick question, not really pertaining to this layout ... but since this is the default layout I use ... I thought it would be ok to ask here.  I have all my album art working fine for albums, but I have several songs that I don't have the albums for.  How do I get album art for those single songs ... as they are all just in a general folder?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #85
I suppose the covers are embedded in the files? Then you'll have to install foo_covers as mentioned in this thread.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #86
Edit: It looks like the problem was an incorrect version of WSH Panel Mod, after redownloading the 1.1.7 the seek bar and ratings appear properly.

Strangely, still no luck on the images for the Utils links as mentioned previously, even though the import went fine and the image paths are all correct. Also, still having issues with the playlist covers.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #87
@all

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but tedgo's solution, with gr.FillSolidRect() isn't ideal. Depending on the width of the left panel, the rating will at least partially reach into the cover reflection. So transparency is required, that's why I switched to WSH Mod in the first place.

@geektastic

You probably don't have libgpng.dll and zlib.dll installed (required for Columns UI)

FooNight FooDay

Reply #88
@qwertz
Sorry, haven't thought about a smaller side panel
So, the best way is to enable "Pseudo transparent" mode for both panels (Child panel that builds the Left Panel and WSH Panel mod that contains the rating script)

FooNight FooDay

Reply #89
No need to be sorry, I made the damn thing, and even I forgot about it

FooNight FooDay

Reply #90
I have no idea why the images weren't embedded. Anyway, I have uploaded them here.

For Installation: Right click on the Utils Panel -> Splitter Settings -> Links -> configure
and import links.fcb.

These are all "normal" CUI button panels on purpose btw, so they are easy and fast to configure.

I think its not working because of the path should be in C:\Documents and Settings am i correct?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #91
Hi all,

Has anyone else had problems with the quicksearch bar not accepting the skin?

I've looked at the code a little (read: I'm a scrub) but I can't seem to find the problem. Thanks for anyone who can help.

By the way I also wanted to mention this a really well-supported skin by the creator. One of the easiest times I've had getting everything to work for a skin as good-looking as his.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #92
Background colour of QuickSearch Toolbar isn't stored in the FCL.
You need to change it by hand.
Preferences --> Media Library --> Quick Search Toolbar
Change Text colour and background here.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #93
Background colour of QuickSearch Toolbar isn't stored in the FCL.
You need to change it by hand.
Preferences --> Media Library --> Quick Search Toolbar
Change Text colour and background here.

oops, thanks tedgo. for some reason the screenshots gave me the impression it was skinned or something.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #95
Hey qwertz, thanks again for helping all of us tweak your skin to our liking. I went ahead and tried implementing the changes you suggested to make the album art always showing and have a background image with transparent panels. As far as making the left panel tabs draw their top under the album art, the code you gave me worked great, they now draw their tops under the album art, except the album art isn't displayed when a tab is active (shown by the red arrow). As far as transparent panels, I was able to make most of them transparent, except for the playlist. Mind giving me a hint as to how to make the grey background the yellow arrow is pointing to transparent? Couldn't make the album list or playswitch tabs transparent either, but I have a feeling they are just foobar utilities that you can't make the backgrounds transparent for, am I correct? Anyways, thanks again!

By the way, making the album art splitter use pseudotransparency fixed the wrong art being displayed for each track, thanks!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #96
Yes, I forgot one thing, you have to replace
$movepanel_c(Cover,0,0,0,0)
with
$movepanel_c(Cover,$get(l.panel.left),$get(l.panel.top),$get_ps_global(l.panel.w),$add($get(l.panel.h),5))
and replace
PANELSHOW:Cover:0;
with
PANELSHOW:Cover:1;
under //------------Left Panel

In ELP, the background is drawn with $drawrect(), deactivate these lines. You'll also have to change the alpha settings of some variables, like BG.RECT.COLOR etc.

Yes, playlist switcher doesn't support transparency.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #97
Probably a stupid question.. but I don't find where I can import the FooNight v1.1.fcl

Need help, thanks !

FooNight FooDay

Reply #98
@magn3tik

First, make sure you have the Columns UI component. Then, go to preferences in foobar (ctrl+p), and navigate to Display > Columns UI > FCL Importing & Exporting > Import... Then import all the settings. Hope that helped.

@qwertz

I actually was able to figure out the cover thing shortly before you posted, thanks again though. I'm starting to understand the PSS code a little bit (sort of). Still have to learn on a trial and error basis though, so its often frustrating. Anyways, I'm still unable to get the EPL background transparent.

I'm assuming the code for the background rectangle is this:

$drawrect(,,,,$get(bg.color),$get(bg.color),)

but I tried deactivating it, but to no avail. Under field definitions, I have both BG.RECT.COLOR A and B set to 0-0-0-0 (The last 0 is the alpha, right?). I also have pseudo transparency activated under style if that makes a difference.

Two more things - 1. I cannot figure out how to move the Playtab buttons from the top of the config to the bottom (shown by the green arrow). They seem to be embedded in the "toolbar" space.

In other words, I try changing the $puts(l.panel.button.top,10) value to something like 30, which moves it down, but the images get clipped once they move outside the toolbar space.

And 2. You might not have any ideas on this, but I thought I might try anyways. When the background of the cover panel is transparent, using the $gradientrect method for drawing an album art reflection doesn't work anymore (right now I just have the reflected images use an alpha of 100 as you can see from the screenshot) . Somehow, I need to do a gradient transparency on the reflected image to make it look good. My only idea for this was to draw the scaled, reflected image 100 times but clip each image to only a 1 pixel high line, make the tope line's alpha 255, the next line 245, and so forth until the bottom line's alpha was 0. This would give the effect of gradient transparency, but I don't know how to clip/crop images using the $imageabs function, and it might be a bit resource intensive method. I wanted to try it, but was wondering if you knew how to clip/crop images with the $imageabs function or if it is something I should ask ssenna to include in his next release?

Again, thank you so much for your help, this is my first time attempting to mess with a foobar skin, so I know very little about it.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #99
Aww thanks.. but why the column ui isn't in the the component directory ?

Second question, I don't know why, but covert art are sometimes 1 song too late.