Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559381 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7225
Good point, thanks. I'll change it.

Reply #7227
Album list panel 0.4.0 beta 2 released. Fixes a crash when using the filter and there are no results.

Reply #7228
The 'Options - Item Details' panel seems to be limited to 30,000 characters.
Is there anyway to remove this limit as I've pretty much put everything I want into the Item Details panel.

Reply #7229
Is there any way to import an fcl while missing a panel? I'm missing Lyric Show which I'm not entirely sure what it is. I've tried multiple lyric components but no dice. I'm on a new computer and was able to get all of my old panels except for that so I can't import the fcl I made years back.

Turns out it was the very first Lyric Show Panel. Import successful. But maybe there should be some sort of safe guard for this. Where you can import it but missing panels are replaced by a blank one.

Reply #7230
album art is giving me some trouble in setting up a nocover image. i already selected a jpg file in the display - stub image option, but the window remains black after all? this is on linux via wine.

Reply #7231
If you haven't already, use winetricks to install the gdiplus package. From a terminal...

Code: [Select]
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
chmod +x winetricks
sh winetricks gdiplus_winxp

Reply #7232
hey marc,

thanks for your help.

i have it installed now, unfortunately the black window remains.

Reply #7233
Are you using the latest version of wine? I did knock up this guide a few months ago for using the dev version on ubuntu.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/wiki/WINE

Obviously some of the instructions are specific to installing bits of software to make my own component work...

I can't test it myself because I don't have enough allowance to download any ISOs at the moment.

Reply #7234
Are you using the latest version of wine?
yes i do, wine 2.19 (32bit), foobar2000 1.3.16 (portable) and columns ui 0.5.1.

maybe it is some additional option that i forgot to check?

Reply #7235
I don't think so. I always tested with columns UI in the past and didn't have to do anything extra.

Reply #7236
ok, perhaps @musicmusic has some tips for me, thank you.

Reply #7237
Not really – I tried Wine 2.18 and 2.20 and it worked without me doing anything special. Are you saying that only the stub image is showing up as a black box? Which panel are you referring to exactly?

Reply #7238
thank you @musicmusic.

well, it kind of works now, but i am not sure, if this is intended. artwork view shows me the nocover.jpg, but only when the playlist contains dead entries and i mark one song manually.

if i start foobar with an empty or valid playlist and did not mark any song manually, then only a black box shows up. is this typical?

p.s.: is installing gdiplus necessary to get artwork view functional after all?

Reply #7239
if i start foobar with an empty or valid playlist and did not mark any song manually, then only a black box shows up. is this typical?
It's normal that the stub image is only displayed when something is selected, yes. The colour should be what shows up in Colours and Fonts in preferences under item background when you select Artwork view as the element.

p.s.: is installing gdiplus necessary to get artwork view functional after all?
I didn't seem to have to.

Reply #7240
ok, i see. thanks for clarifying.

so actually this is the default behaviour.

i was a bit irritated, because i have been using album art panel before, which would always show the nocover image. as soon as you switched to a playlist tab containing songs, it would show the artwok of the last played song automatically.

perhaps, this could be features in the future? ;)

Reply #7241
I'd like to ask a couple of questions related to Columns UI customization. If such features don't exist, I'd like to suggest implementing them.

1. File - Preferences - Display - Columns UI - Playlist view - General - Display column titles & Display tooltips & For clipped text only (checked)

Is it possible to display tooltips to clipped column titles too?

2. Auto-size columns to use all space disables horizontal scroll bar (as intended).

Would it be possible to have an additional option to autosize columns to fit the contents (without disabling horizontal scroll bar if the contents of all columns don't fit the screen)?

Thank you for considerations.

Reply #7242
On Album List Panel using by directory structure view, is there a way to NOT show the files? I mean stop the tree at the "album" level? Thank you.

Reply #7243
1. File - Preferences - Display - Columns UI - Playlist view - General - Display column titles & Display tooltips & For clipped text only (checked)

Is it possible to display tooltips to clipped column titles too?
As you probably guessed, you can't, so indeed that would be a feature request.

2. Auto-size columns to use all space disables horizontal scroll bar (as intended).

Would it be possible to have an additional option to autosize columns to fit the contents (without disabling horizontal scroll bar if the contents of all columns don't fit the screen)?
It's not impossible to implement, but it's been avoided so far because it's computationally expensive (so would be slow for large playlists). You also have the problem of one track with a long bit of text somewhere and your entire column ending up being overly wide. (If auto-sizing is off, you can (of course) double-click on a column divider to size that column to fit its contents.)

On Album List Panel using by directory structure view, is there a way to NOT show the files? I mean stop the tree at the "album" level? Thank you.
It's not configurable, sorry. You might be able to achieve something to your liking using title formatting, depending on what your folder structure is.

Reply #7244
If auto-sizing is off, you can (of course) double-click on a column divider to size that column to fit its contents.

Didn't know this double-click on a column divider to auto fit that column trick. Thanks!

Feature request would be to have a similar feature, e.g. Shift + double-click on a column divider to auto fit ALL columns.

Of course, as you've mentioned, that may require additional computational power for large playlists, but having such feature on-demand when needed would be very handy.

If playlist is very large, manual triggering of auto fit columns feature could produce a prompt informing the user about possible 'freeze' until columns auto fitting is finished.

Any chance of having manual triggering of auto fit columns feature implemented?

Thank you.

Reply #7245
Yes, that doesn't seem unreasonable. Maybe they also need to go into the context menu, if you didn't know double-clicking on the divider did that.

Reply #7246
Hey guys, I'm a little nooby with all this.
What I would like to do is change color of text of specific column (say "Title"). How do I change just Title color without changing colors of all other columns?

Reply #7247
Yes, that doesn't seem unreasonable. Maybe they also need to go into the context menu, if you didn't know double-clicking on the divider did that.

Great news, thank you!

Yes, I didn't know this particular double-clicking on the divider functionality. I've tested various other programs and now I see that double-click on a column divider to auto fit column is pretty common behavior among various programs.

However, manual triggering to auto fit all columns is something that isn't so prevalent and would be a handy option to have in Columns UI.

Reply #7249
Is there a way to change the backgroung color and the font effect
of the tab of the active playlist? (where there is the playlist name).

I would like it to really stand up from the others pls.

I searched the documentation and the forum but I could'n find anything.

Thanks.