Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [v2] Timebomb2 (Read 1955 times) previous topic - next topic

[v2] Timebomb2

32bit/64bit foo_timebomb2 1.0

Stop after time.

Main Menu Command: Playback/Timebomb (toogle)

Time in minutes can be set in the Advanced Preferences.

Re: [v2] Timebomb

Reply #1
Hi :)

-Time Setting: Preferences > Advanced > Playback > Timebomb > Time (min) 2
-ON/OFF Menu > Playback > Timebomb

What happens?
Track does not stop.

foobar2000 v2.0 beta 10 32bit

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #2
Timebomb on: After 30 min the playback stops with a popup message. This is useful, if you have limited session time. Set time to 1 min in the Advanced Preferences to test.

Reply #3
Enabled after foobar restart.

-Time Setting: Preferences > Advanced > Playback > Timebomb > Time (min) 2
-ON/OFF Menu > Playback > Timebomb
2 minutes after playback:
Track stopped message was displayed.
<Information - Timebomb stop> popup message

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Re: [v2] Timebomb2

Reply #5
Hello! Thank you for this useful plugin. I have just one minor oversight to report. When you activate the Timebomb2 component using a button on the toolbar, it doesn't show as active; you need to check a menu to see if it is active or not. Screenshots included. It would be useful to see if the timer is active at a glance with an activated button.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7
I looked at the console and saw Timebomb in 60 minutes, then Timebomb aborted.

However, I think there has been a misunderstanding. In the second screenshot, you can see a checkmark next to "Timebomb" which disappears when it is deactivated. In the same screenshot, you can see a checkmark next to Skip Tracks, which is another component, and in the first screenshot the button is showing when that one is active. I don't need to see a timer/countdown or anything complicated like that; I would just like to be able to see if Timebomb is active-like if the menu item has a checkmark or not-but without having to bring up the console or open the menu. I want to see it on the button like the other components do, since I often listen at a distance from my PC. Since the menu item has a checkmark just like the other components, it seems like there would be a way to do it, however I myself do not know how your component coded and I will accept it if you still say this is impossible. I just wanted to make sure any misunderstanding was cleared up before giving up on it. Thank you again for the component.

Reply #8
Well a checkmark on a menu is nothing a push button indicator. When you click a menu, you're essentially querying a variable on demand which is super easy. You don't have to know or care about its state at any other moment in time.

A button is "live" and must respond to state changes. It's easy for things built in to fb2k like stop after current etc because the SDK provides the functionality. It's not so easy for 3rd parties to implement their own. It's obviously possible given that foo_skip supports it but then Case is one of the most knowledgable devs around with regards to the inner workings of the SDK.

Reply #9
I see. Thank you for the explanation.