Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC fuckup (Read 4590 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC fuckup

I haven't heard anybody else mentioning this. I've experienced a quite annoying playback bug with FLACs in Foo since it's birth and doesn't seem like it's solved yet. When transporting yourself within a FLAC and you accidently move outside the file XP (& 2000?) first slows down to the speed of frozen molasses (even the mouse can't be moved properly) & then crashes windows. Further description of the bug:
1. Start up a FLAC, let's imagine it's 3:00
2. Use whatever key assigned for transporting yourself ahead either one minute or 5 seconds until you've reached 2:56 or just listen to the song until you're there.
3. Now transport yourself ahead 5 seconds. As there's only 4 seconds left of the song the bug is introduced.
It works just as well to place yourself at ie. 2:15 and use whatever key assigned to move one minute ahead. Well, you get the idea...
This is a nasty bug & happens me at least some time every day when fiddling to fast with the keys. Please just don't say the flac lib is fuct, I already know that is the general consensus.

FLAC fuckup

Reply #1
known bug in flac libraries
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

FLAC fuckup

Reply #2
This is fixed in CVS, it's a bug in libFLAC.  The workaround is for the caller to cap the target seek sample to total_samples-1 (total_samples is in the STREAMINFO metadata block).

Josh

FLAC fuckup

Reply #3
This is fixed in CVS, it's a bug in libFLAC.  The workaround is for the caller to cap the target seek sample to total_samples-1 (total_samples is in the STREAMINFO metadata block).

That sounds promissing (but who am I to judge). Is there a chance you might be able to fix it Peter?

FLAC fuckup

Reply #4
added fix in 0.58
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

FLAC fuckup

Reply #5
Big thanks for fixing this bug! Now there is no reason for me not to play flacs with Foobar.

FLAC fuckup

Reply #6
added fix in 0.58

Thank you lots and lots!