Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_onewaysync (Read 113346 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_onewaysync

Reply #325
What does error 3 mean? I cannot find any error code references in the wiki.

Code: [Select]
One way sync failed: Could not copy file to WPD device. source: "D:\Music Library\Sophie - Nothing More to Say + EEEHHH (2013)\03 - Sophie - Nothing More to Say (Vox).mp3", destination: "\Pixel 4\Internal shared storage\Music\Sophie - Nothing More to Say - EEEHHH (2013)\01 - Nothing More to Say (Vox).mp3", error 3

One way sync failed: Could not copy file to WPD device. source: "D:\Music Library\KOAN Sound - Funk Blaster (2011)\02 - KOAN Sound - Meanwhile, In The Future.mp3", destination: "\Pixel 4\Internal shared storage\Music\KOAN Sound - Funk Blaster (2011)\04 - Meanwhile, In The Future.mp3", error 3

Reply #326
@thathobo can you check if it works with the attached version. It has to be installed manually, just replace the existing component dll in the foobar folder with the attached one.

For me neither version works. The first task ends (temp files removed according to the console), and as soon as the second one starts (first song from the second task about to be copied) I get the same error with both dll's ("official" one and the one attached to your comment).

Nothing else is mentioned in the console (additional debug info is enabled).

Reply #327
So I'm desperately trying to get away from iTunes for syncing music to my phone; I currently sync about 150GB of files (4700 approx right now), from a collection of a little over 30K files costing 2TB.  I convert to ALAC/M4A then have to muck about with iTunes to get them on my phone.  Its a bit of a PITA!  I'd like to move to using FB2K on mobile, but the only way to bypass iTunes there is to use fb2k mobile's built in FTP server.  I've not been able to figure out a way to integrate that as a destination device/folder in OWS; the closest I got was mapping the folder to a windows drive letter, but OWS raised IO errors when trying to write to it, and I can conceive of several reasons why.  Love your tool, I've depended on it for the last 4-5 years or so, and I'm just curious if you have any intent to support FTP as a destination?  You use sqllite as a mechanism instead of file timestamps for synchronizing, and that would be needed in this scenario, as the fb2k mobile FTP server doesn't support the commands to update timestamps on files, so files on that server have totally different timestamps as compared to the sources, and scanning content for differences (in my case) would take hours for certain.  Thanks for your time!

Reply #328
Hi!
I've encountered a problem with file names. If there is any whitespace in the file or directory name right before a dot, it would be copied without that space. If there are several dots, there will be "_" symbols replacing some of the dots. That renaming happens regardless of how I get the text, from %filename% or %title%.
For example:
2007 ''Auļos...''/01. Ievads - bites un bungas.mp3 -> 2007 ''Auļos__.''/01. Ievads - bites un bungas.mp3
2005 ''Sounds of Pain...''/04. Sounds of Pain....flac -> 2005 ''Sounds of Pain__.''/04. Sounds of Pain__..flac
1997 ''Sol Niger Within''/22. Magickal Theatre .33.flac -> 22. Magickal Theatre.33.flac

File names are important for me, because I export my own playlists from foobar that use all my library, and these songs are missing when playing the playlists on phone because of wrong file names.

What can I do to prevent renaming files like that when I use OneWaySync?

My titleformatting script:
$right($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),9))\%filename%

Thanks!
Sorry for English.

Reply #329
When I try to edit existing encoder settings they don't stick.

I have to create a new one every time. 

Is there a way around this?

Reply #330
I have my files like so in album folders:

track 1.flac
track 2.flac
folder.jpg

I have folder.jpg in the cover filename text box. But the file is never copied to the destination folder. Would I be doing something else wrong?

Here's the log:
[20:57:30] foo_ows: Attempting to copy file  to
[20:57:30] foo_ows: Error: File not found
[20:57:30] Deleting temporary files.
[20:57:30] foo_ows: Done with command 'OPPO Transfer'.

Reply #331
Hi,
Exactly the same problem here, fresh install, first sync works good, but once i delete a song from the synced playlist the next sync freeze with the same console output than ReFreezed user.
I'm on Win 10 with a WPD device.
I really find this extension useful, how can i help to fix this issue ?

645 date=1595209639]
Anyone have an idea about the errors?  Maybe an idea why the unreferenced files weren't removed?
The feature requires the database to be present. In your case the database is not found or empty. Probably because you moved the files without moving the database.
I have the same issue, but the database file does exist and is not empty (several kb). Copying files to the destination (my phone) works, but reading that file doesn't seem to. I just installed the component and everything worked right away, except for the file deletions after I remove things from the playlist. I did not move any files, and 'Delete unreferenced files' is checked. I tried removing the files from the destination manually and then re-sync but it still doesn't work. I'm using Windows 7.

Log:
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\.ows_HTC.sqlite to C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS65DC.tmp.sqlite
foo_ows: Error: File not found wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\.ows_HTC.sqlite
foo_ows: Syncing 'SYNC' to  wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\%artist%_%album%_%discnumber%%tracknumber%. %title%.$ext(%_path%)
foo_ows: Using encoder lame with file ext mp3
   encoder cmd line "D:\path\to\lame.exe" --vbr-new -h -V 4 -r -s %sr% %in% %out%
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file D:\Music\blahblahblah1.mp3 to wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\blahblahblah1.mp3
(...)
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file D:\Music\blahblahblah99.mp3 to wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\blahblahblah99.mp3
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS685D.tmp.m3u to wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\SYNC.m3u
Deleting temporary files.
foo_ows: Finished task 'Default'.
foo_ows: Reading from db.
foo_ows: Attempting to copy file C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS65DC.tmp.sqlite to wpd:\HTC One X\Internal storage\Music Sync\.ows_HTC.sqlite
Deleting temporary files.
foo_ows: Done with command 'HTC'.

Reply #332
Hey guys, I have a weird problem - this plugin hates Red Hot Chili Peppers. For example I just synced my playlist with the phone and in the OWS removed items playlist I have 18 songs - all by RHCP despite the fact that they shouldn't have been removed by my filters. Not the first time it happens (last time it did, I just moved them to my phone manually). Where should I look?

Reply #333
Hi, I'm having trouble getting OWS 0.7.0 to convert my lossy files. The files in question are in m4a or mp3 and are being converted to m4a.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52303804068_4032c51f14_o.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52303836093_cb10a3eae5_o.jpg
When the conversion finishes I get these messages and the converted files will not copy to the destination

Could not update tags (Object not found) on:
"C:\Users\twp\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS39C7.tmp.m4a"

Exported files and playlists succesfully.

2 playlists exported.
1 files converted.
2 files updated.

When I stalk the temp folder, I see that files with the same name but without the .m4a at the end are being created and deleted. If I get rid of the File ext from the encoder settings. I'll end up with file names like OWS39C7.tmp. and OWS won't recognize those either.
These problems won't occur when I use opus or lame, only qaac.
How can I work around this? Thanks for your time!

Reply #334
Just tried this component again because there are no real options to convert to a USB. Using the converter in fb but it has no way of syncing (deleting unreferenced files but it does have DSP) (Although this component suffers a bug with this, see below).

Bugs I've encountered:
  • The 'Delete Unreferenced files' bug using the latest component.
  • Artwork isn't copied over. Using folder.jpg in my folders and the same in this component's settings.

Feature request:
  • Thought I'd throw my hat into the DSP ring. This would be user useful to apply gain to the songs so they play at proper levels in the car.

Log below:
[22:22:54] foo_ows: Exporting selection to  C:\Users\username\Desktop\test\%album%\%title%.$ext(%_path%)
[22:22:54] foo_ows: Using encoder 320kbps with file ext mp3
  encoder cmd line "W:\Apps (Portable)\Music Apps\foobar2000\encoders\lame3.100-libsndfile\lame.exe" -m s -b 320 -s %sr% %in% %out%
[22:22:54] foo_ows: Converting file. Commandline: "W:\Apps (Portable)\Music Apps\foobar2000\encoders\lame3.100-libsndfile\lame.exe" -m s -b 320 -s 44100  "C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS90DC.tmp"  "C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS90DC.tmp.mp3"
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Conversion Complete
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Attempting to copy file C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OWS90DC.tmp.mp3 to C:\Users\username\Desktop\test\Anthems For Doomed Youth [UICW-10006]\Over It Again.mp3
[22:22:57] Deleting temporary files.
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Finished task 'Car Playlist'.
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Reading from db.
[22:22:57] foo_ows: SQL error: no such table: OWS
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Attempting to copy file  to
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Error: File not found
[22:22:57] Deleting temporary files.
[22:22:57] foo_ows: Done with command 'Car USB'.

Reply #335
Any chance this component could get a 64bit release to make it compatible with the new 2.x preview releases?

Reply #336
also wondering if there can be a 64 bit release...

Reply #337
Seems unlikely given the OP hasn't signed in 2021. This can be checked by clicking on their username to view their profile.

I'm going to assume it will work fine on 32bit 2,x?? Most components do although there are a few exceptions.

Reply #338
Seems unlikely given the OP hasn't signed in 2021. This can be checked by clicking on their username to view their profile.

I'm going to assume it will work fine on 32bit 2,x?? Most components do although there are a few exceptions.

Got it, I wonder if they had shared their source code somewhere then could someone else update it?