Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491572 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #450
As you can see from the attached image, I managed to set all plugins with "none" edge styles except for foo_youtube.

Panel edge removing:

Or you actually want to remove edge of search edit box?

Reply #451
As you can see from the attached image, I managed to set all plugins with "none" edge styles except for foo_youtube.

Panel edge removing:

I can't see 'Static egde / Transparent' option by right clicking in every place within the panel area.
I can't understand why there is no pop-up with right click.

Would you mind trying this with fooRazor skin from Br3tt? fooRazor

Reply #452

Panel edge removing:

I can't see 'Static egde / Transparent' option by right clicking in every place within the panel area.
I can't understand why there is no pop-up with right click.

Would you mind trying this with fooRazor skin from Br3tt? fooRazor

I guess that I found the reason. fooRazor is the skin under DUI. That's why I can't find right click option.

Reply #453
I guess that I found the reason. fooRazor is the skin under DUI. That's why I can't find right click option.

That's correct.
By your screen shot I actually thought you are using Columns UI. I'll add edge control for DUI panels in next version.

Reply #454
3dyd did you find some workaround to fix ''stop video'' message error on next track playing?

Reply #457

That's correct.
By your screen shot I actually thought you are using Columns UI. I'll add edge control for DUI panels in next version.

That will be great. Thank you for considering it.

If possible, please make the border a little grey color.

Reply #458
Hello! I did not worry about foobar updates for a few months and today I decided to. Wow! I had version 1.3.1, now updated to 1.7.
No problems except:
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source:  This video contains content from Believe Music, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.):
"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Zo4AVL7AE"

"Believe Music" fault

Reply #459
This message (and 'sorry') is from Youtube. Video clip has regional restriction, it does not depend of the component version. The only way to bypass this is to use proxy from allowed country.

Reply #460
This message (and 'sorry') is from Youtube. Video clip has regional restriction, it does not depend of the component version. The only way to bypass this is to use proxy from allowed country.

Yes I know. That's why I wrote in bad english "Believe Music" fault.
My message is to say thanks to you for all the news since my last visit.

Reply #461
New version 1.8

Changelog:
- video synchronization improvements. Read note below.
- retry on reading errors (for 'Media downloading' -> foo_youtube). Previously retry was only on connection initiation.
- settings for Internet requests retry on fail. Also retry now goes not immediately but after a pause. Delay time and the retry count are configurable through Advanced preferences.
- panels border control. Border on DUI panels now can be removed (in CUI panels this already was). Border of search edit box in 'Search (Integrated)' panel now removable too. Also added switch to use theme color for border instead of drawing it by the system (in CUI used 'Active item frame' color, in DUI - background color with this rule).
- SOCKS proxy support. Proxy type can be specified using URL scheme e.g. socks5://127.0.0.1:80, default is http.

About synchronization. Finally gave up with trying to do this transparently for the program. Now when playback switches to the next clip (in regular way, not by the user request), component explicitly restarts playback. Note, component intervenes in playback only if the next track is Youtube clip and only if video playback is enabled. Below is details of how it is done.

The start of clip playback consist of two stages: analysis of the page(s) to retrieve links to media files and actual media file opening for decode. Now because of playback restart, the same clip starts to play twice. To optimize this, info of the playing track now is cached so at the second start can be skipped analysis stage. At other hand, at first start is not need decoding so there skipped the file opening stage: decoder just waits until it will be closed and does not give any data. With this also solved the case when small portion of audio data from the first start is played before the second start was completed. All this concerns only to opening for playback, if track opened for other purposes (for example by Waveform seekbar), decoding will be done in the usual way.

Also, while did all this, accidentally found a way to reduce silence after seek.

Reply #462
New version 1.8

Changelog:
- video synchronization improvements. Read note below.
- retry on reading errors (for 'Media downloading' -> foo_youtube). Previously retry was only on connection initiation.
- settings for Internet requests retry on fail. Also retry now goes not immediately but after a pause. Delay time and the retry count are configurable through Advanced preferences.
- panels border control. Border on DUI panels now can be removed (in CUI panels this already was). Border of search edit box in 'Search (Integrated)' panel now removable too. Also added switch to use theme color for border instead of drawing it by the system (in CUI used 'Active item frame' color, in DUI - background color with this rule).
- SOCKS proxy support. Proxy type can be specified using URL scheme e.g. socks5://127.0.0.1:80, default is http.

About synchronization. Finally gave up with trying to do this transparently for the program. Now when playback switches to the next clip (in regular way, not by the user request), component explicitly restarts playback. Note, component intervenes in playback only if the next track is Youtube clip and only if video playback is enabled. Below is details of how it is done.

The start of clip playback consist of two stages: analysis of the page(s) to retrieve links to media files and actual media file opening for decode. Now because of playback restart, the same clip starts to play twice. To optimize this, info of the playing track now is cached so at the second start can be skipped analysis stage. At other hand, at first start is not need decoding so there skipped the file opening stage: decoder just waits until it will be closed and does not give any data. With this also solved the case when small portion of audio data from the first start is played before the second start was completed. All this concerns only to opening for playback, if track opened for other purposes (for example by Waveform seekbar), decoding will be done in the usual way.

Also, while did all this, accidentally found a way to reduce silence after seek.

Thanks for update.
Playback error on next track is gone.
I tested for 5 hours, and no ''stopped video''

Reply #463
I updated to the latest version and what is throwing the first eye is foo_youtube not displayed: codec, bitrate, sample rate and an identifier (stereo / mono) on all supported three pages, the rest works OK.

Win XP (x86) SP3 - Foobar 1.3.7.

Reply #464
New version 1.8

Changelog:

Thanks for the above update.
Now, my foobar looks much much better.

Reply #465
foo_youtube not displayed: codec, bitrate, sample rate and an identifier (stereo / mono)

The case is in the decoder. For ffmpeg decoder dynamic info is not implemented.  It is available only when using foobar decoder. So if you have not changed decoder manually, it probably was changed at switching between standalone and preconfigured.

You can reset decoding to foobar in component preferences Decoder tab if this is critical for you. Dynamic info for ffmpeg decoder will be in next version.

Reply #466
I would suggest only one thing for ''search integrated''. There should be some text when search box is empty, something like this:

Reply #467
Ok, will be the same as in search edit box from Search tab of component main window.

Reply #469
Suggestion/Question

Would it be possible to implement a feature to "Auto Press Next" certain time from end of song ?

Reason for this is, that some you tube songs have talk/commerical in the end of the clip. (Go and look at my other clips shit talk...)
So you can edit it, and manually set variable that 10,50 sec before song is over it presses "next" for me automaticly.

Example of a song that has "shit" in the end of it, that would be nice to skip.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=39oGCTAJ9Vw

Sure even some songs have none wanted talk before a song. So 2nd question would be possible to add a feature that allows what part the clip is ment to start and where it is ment to end then that would even be better.

For example a link like this
This is not a link to song, but just wanted to give an example how it is possible to at least edit when song/link starts.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N45YVFRv29c#t=23m15s
Would make the link start 23min and 15sec into the video

Reply #470
Sounds good but I doubt this cannot be done with the help of some existing foobar component (setting permanent start and/or end time of the track). However implementing this on decoder level may result in less bandwidth usage and greater decoding speed on start/end. Thus yes, need think about this, but not in next version - it  has lot of changes already, and I'm trying to finish it for quite long time.

Reply #471
New version 1.9

New:
- preferred audio quality setup depending of opening reason. When opening a media file, it is known whether it opens for playback or for other reason. Which quality to use in these cases now can be configured separately. Most common non-playback opening reason - wave seek bar. By default configured to use smallest stereo (will use 50kbps Opus if available and 128kbps AAC/Vorbis in other cases). Other reasonable variants: allow use mono (3gp generally smaller than 128kbps DASH audio) or prevent opening for non-playback at all (put all formats to 'formats to ignore')
- UI element Activity. Shows info about all media files currently opened by the component and only while they are opened (example). Displayed info: original Youtube title, selected quality, opening reason (audio.playback/audio.other/video) and usage progress. Last one displays file reading pos and approximated playing pos. For 'foo_youtube' media downloading it also shows currently downloaded parts of the file and downloading position
- additional Youtube-specific metadata %3dydfy_like_count%, %3dydfy_dislike_count%, %3dydfy_like_ratio%. First two are count of likes/dislikes. Last one is ratio of likes to dislikes filtered to prevent unfair values. Filter is simple but imho more effective than plain ratio: IF (dislikes > 10 OR likes > 100) ratio = MIN(likes/dislikes, 999)

Fixes, enhancements, technical details:
- History now also used as clip info cache: if clip available in History, it will not be analysed at playback start
- added missing dynamic info for FFmpeg decoding
- any Youtube specific metadata now returns '?' if not present and not enclosed in square brackets
- added tip for search edit box in UI element Search (Integrated)
- all UI elements moved to separated group (this will not break layout)
- fixed playback freeze if (with enabled video) seek from the end of file (i.e. after decoding of next file started)
- switched to Youtube APIv3
- integrated search playlist item now haven't 'p' param (search page index, with new API this can't be done)
- max search results portion is 50 (was 25); feeds also added by portions of 50 tracks now
- additional (i.e. not available though Youtube-specific metadata) tech info fields: channel id (channel which holds the video) and list of thumbnail URLs separated by '|' (from best quality to lowest) trimmed (to stay valid) to be less than max tech info field length
- in Album Art now used max available thumbnail resolution. If available, used URLs from tech info field (faster, not need to ask Youtube for thumbnails list)
- %3dydfy_uploaded% now may contain only date without time (previously in this case it was empty)
- rating now does not store in tech info field (calculates from likes and dislikes)

Reply #472
Thanks for the update. In audio only playback, I have "prefer a media file with best available audio". Previously nearly all files played showed as AAC 254 kbps (whether or not they were always this). With 1.9 none appear, and I have not seen any 256 kbps AAC media files listed in history. Please can you clarify if this has changed or is due to a better analysis of the media files or is a bug or if I am missing something with the new settings?

Reply #473
@3dyd
Great update, I really appreciate UI element Activity .

@WilB
Change,

Decoding > Playback Start slide down to  "and make one more request for additional media."

&

Prefered Quality for playback with bitrate nearest to 256kbps.

gives me 256.

Reply #474
@ zeremy - thanks for the tip - adjusting the slider to make an extra request has solved the issue.