Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Given a OGG file, how to tell -q & bitrate etc... (Read 5689 times) previous topic - next topic

Given a OGG file, how to tell -q & bitrate etc...

hi!

I wonder if there is any way i can check the quality, bitrate, encoding scheme etc.. of a OGG file that I have?

I've been working with some OGG files that comes with a software. Apparently, the software doesn't work with my own recorded OGG files and i wonder why...

Reply #1
http://burrrn.net/mrq/
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #2
hey thanks so much! this software works great and is just what i need! 

i wonder if anyone knows the difference between the following 2 encoding format?

vorbis 1.0 rc3-0kbps

vorbis 1.0 -42kbps

the 1st one works on the software i have but the 2nd one doesn't...

Reply #3
The non-working vorbis file has maybe ID3v2 tags, which could corrupt the file with some decoders.
But I can't tell you any way to verify it.
Maybe by loading it on foobar2000: IIRC there was an option to automatically remove ID3v2 tags on vorbis file (but it was long time ago, and I don't know if it's still true)

Reply #4
You can use "Tag" with the "Tagger" frontend to view the tags on the file, and optionally remove any (or all) tags. It will show you not just the tags, but the type of tags used.
flac > schiit modi > schiit magni > hd650

Reply #5
You can use "Tag" with the "Tagger" frontend to view the tags on the file, and optionally remove any (or all) tags. It will show you not just the tags, but the type of tags used.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hi thks for the prompt replies! but i don't really get it... tag with tagger front end? you mean from "mr question man"? hmmm... i don't see any tag...

Reply #6
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hi thks for the prompt replies! but i don't really get it... tag with tagger front end? you mean from "mr question man"? hmmm... i don't see any tag...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225882"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href="http://www.rarewares.org/files/others/tag.zip]tag[/url] with either this or this frontend.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #7
hey thanks a million!

by the way, does anyone know how to create an audio recorder at a website?

Reply #8
I normally use ogginfo which is a part of vorbis-tools but I guess that might not be available on all platforms.  I use Linux and Mac OS X so I'm normally using the command line tools.