Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pioneer 3400UB plays MP3s but has no track information? (Read 1758 times) previous topic - next topic

Pioneer 3400UB plays MP3s but has no track information?

My dad just got a new car stereo, a Pioneer 3400UB and I helped him put it in today. He had a USB drive with several MP3 albums on it and they all played fine but it didn't show any track information.

I thought maybe iTunes could setup the files correctly to show the information so I grabbed one of my spare USB drives, formatted it to FAT32 and then copied a couple of albums over from my iTunes media folder....but when I put that in the CD player it just says "No media."

Any idea what is going on and how I can fix my dads albums so that they show the track information?

Reply #1
I got a Ford Fusion Hybrid last fall which plays directly from a USB drive though in the manual they recommend not doing that. For a test I tried a .M4A that I created with Adobe Audition from a .WAV file ripped from a purchased CD. The Ford told me (verbally) that is was protected material and refused to play it. I also tried 'safely removing' the USB drive from a Windows PC like you use if plugging the drive into a Mac. The Ford said it was unsupported media and when I unplugged the USB drive and plugged it back in, the Ford formatted the USB drive. Nice (not). My kids iPod _will_ play into the car properly. Meanwhile I use MP3tag to tag any MP3 files on the USB drive. The names show up in the display but even without tags it will show the file and folder names. Are your dads files tagged? I also use 'free M4A to MP3 converter' to play itunes songs in the car.

Time to read the manual.

Reply #2
Hi,

According to Pioneer owner's manual, 3400UB is able to decode ID3 tags, version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4. Just check that your MP3 tags are encoded with a compatible version.

[blockquote]AiZ[/blockquote]

Reply #3
Also check the character set, I've not used a unit yet that is happy with UTF in any form. Try ISO-8859-1 if it's set to something else.