Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC 1.1.0 released (Read 14702 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC 1.1.0 released

I have uploaded the sources for FLAC 1.1.0, along with binaries for win32, RH7, and solaris-sparc to SourceForge (here).  Thanks to everyone for the contributions and bug hunting.

You all have probably already seen the feature list in the FLAC 1.0.5 beta threads here and here.  You may have noticed that the minor version has bumped up; this is because of the bug where older decoders will not be able to read FLAC files that have cue sheets in them.  See the homepage for the details.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/

Thanks again,
Josh

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #1
Complete set of ICL6 compiled Win32 binaries is available at my 'Others' page at Mirror 1 (link at bottom of main page).

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #2
Hooray!

Now I just need to figure out how to get EAC to albumgain my rips...

I love flac!

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #3
it seems that at sourceforge nothing is downloadable. 

anybody knows when it will be available?

-erm

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #4
it seems that at sourceforge nothing is downloadable.  

anybody knows when it will be available?

-erm

Mirror1 of John33. However, there is at least one mirror on Sourceforge that works (the second, or the third).

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #5
Downloaded just fine here.

Are there any special logo/banner/button images available to use them to link to FLAC homepage.
Live long and prosper!

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #6
Hello

I just downloaded the new version of flac and wanted to try out oggFLAC.  For some reason, I am unable to make oggFLAC files play, what going on.  Can someone please help me out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #7
OggFlac is NOT supported by the plugins at the moment as fas as I know.

I hoped that encoding with a cuesheet to a single file and loading it in winamp will let it split to several tracks according the cuesheet, but it doesn't seem to work too.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #8
For some reason, I am unable to make oggFLAC files play, what going on

Are you using foobar? I'm sure that can play ogg flacs.

I wonder if somebody could give me some help with metaflac  - to replaygain my existing flacs: i've used --add-replay-gain successfully on one file. how can i use it on multiple files without typing in every single filename?

I have tried
Code: [Select]
metaflac --add-replay-gain c:\*.flac
but this returns an error. Or i am just being dumb? I don't use the command line much 

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #9
what's the difference between john's & josh's version for the win32 binaries?

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #10
To john33: Winamp 2.x complains that it can't find libmmd.dll when using your in_flac.dll. Adding the ICL6/ICL7 dll's won't help. jcoalson's standard compile works though. Also, what exactly are the test_XXX files for?

P.S.: Great work, Josh. FLAC has become my favorite lossless codec. ReplayGain works nicely.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #11
To john33: Winamp 2.x complains that it can't find libmmd.dll when using your in_flac.dll. Adding the ICL6/ICL7 dll's won't help. jcoalson's standard compile works though.

Where did you place the 'libmmd.dll'? In the path? 'Cos it works fine here.
Also, what exactly are the test_XXX files for?

They're part of the standard compile. Probably needs an answer from Josh, really.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #12
You can grab the libmmd.dll file from the main page of mirror 1.

Put it in the winamp folder (not the plugins folder).

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #13
The XMMS FLAC plugin has 6dB Hard Limiting enabled by default, but for a lossless format this is probably not a good idea (see also the 6dB Hard Limiter thread of last week).

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #14
Put it in the winamp folder (not the plugins folder).

Indeed it works now. Thanks guys.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #15
The XMMS FLAC plugin has 6dB Hard Limiting enabled by default, but for a lossless format this is probably not a good idea (see also the 6dB Hard Limiter thread of last week).

Which 6dB Hard Limiter thread of last week? The search function doesn't find anything 

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #17
There is something wrong with the WA2 plugin.

%artist% displays the last performer or the last composer.

The artist is indended for a player with limited display capabilities - i.e. one line only.

I often have several performers but only one artist. Thus the plugin displays wrong information.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #18
Also, what exactly are the test_XXX files for?

Those are the unit testers; they're called by the test scripts.

Good point, I'll fix that.

Are there any special logo/banner/button images available to use them to link to FLAC homepage.

Nope, not yet.

I just downloaded the new version of flac and wanted to try out oggFLAC.  For some reason, I am unable to make oggFLAC files play, what going on.  Can someone please help me out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ogg FLAC support for the plugins will be in the next release.  But for just encoding CD audio, there is no advantage to Ogg FLAC over native FLAC.

I hoped that encoding with a cuesheet to a single file and loading it in winamp will let it split to several tracks according the cuesheet, but it doesn't seem to work too.

I don't know how to do that but it is high priority in the TODO list.  I imagine X-fixer will be able to pull it off quickly in the winamp2 plugin.

There is something wrong with the WA2 plugin.

%artist% displays the last performer or the last composer.

The artist is indended for a player with limited display capabilities - i.e. one line only.

I often have several performers but only one artist. Thus the plugin displays wrong information.

You're using vorbis comments right?  I thought ARTIST was just a synonym for composer and there could be multiple ARTIST tags too.  But you're right, currently the logic prefers PERFORMER to ARTIST; maybe we need an option for that.

Josh

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #19
I've almost rewritten vorbiscomment handling in winamp2 plug-in. now it works with UTF-8, allows using all fields, concatenates fields with same name etc. I hope I'll upload it today.

about cuesheets - I do not know an easy way to make several files from one automatically. but I can make ability to add them manually with the syntax like this:

cue://track:filename

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #20
ok, here it goes:
http://x-fixer.narod.ru/tmp/in_flac.zip

it was not extensively tested (especially on win9x). don't forget to send a bug report
though, most likely I'll rewrite everything again, to make use of existing VorbisComment APIs 

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #21
ok, here it goes:
http://x-fixer.narod.ru/tmp/in_flac.zip

it was not extensively tested (especially on win9x). don't forget to send a bug report
though, most likely I'll rewrite everything again, to make use of existing VorbisComment APIs 

Thanks - it seems to have fixed the bug.

Note that Misk is spelled Misc correctly.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #22
There is something wrong with the RH7 binaries. Same error was present in 1.0.4:

When using --import-vc-from and --export-vc-to, metaflac replaces all international chars with #s.
Tested on a standard Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0 system.

When I compiled it myself, the problem went away.

FLAC 1.1.0 released

Reply #23
There is something wrong with the RH7 binaries. Same error was present in 1.0.4:

When using --import-vc-from and --export-vc-to, metaflac replaces all international chars with #s.
Tested on a standard Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0 system.

When I compiled it myself, the problem went away.

Yeah, it's getting harder and harder for me to get everything right; I'm on the verge of dropping RH and Solaris binary releases and leaving it up to the RPM maintainers.

Josh