Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip stereo DVD-Audio to medium resolution wav? (Read 3651 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip stereo DVD-Audio to medium resolution wav?

I've seen references to a tool of dubious legality in the archives, but I think the subject of this title might be perfectly legal.  The reason I suspect the legality is that you can play back DVD-Audio on the PC with soundcards that don't have a key, and you get 16 bit/ 48 kHz sound.  That's what I'd like because 16 bit/ 48 kHz wav files are compatible with everything and so I could make mp3/m4a files or maybe make a SDAD collection of my favorite songs.  I don't have CD versions of many of my DVD-A, and some of my DVD-A really kick butt.  Is there a tool out there that will do this?

I have an Auzentech Prelude which is keyed for DVD-A playback, so I can hear my DVD-A in full resolution on my PC already.

Some oddities worth pointing out -

1) Some DVD-Audio feature 88.2 kHz advanced resolution surround sound and 176.4 advanced resolution stereo sampling rates.
2) Some DVD-Audio have medium resolution stereo LPCM tracks
3) Quite a few have high resolution (but not advanced resolution) stereo LPCM tracks.  No encryption there.
Daniel L Newhouse

Reply #1
Maybe DVD Audio Extractor can make stereo track for you which can be easily handled by audio editors to convert sample rate / bit depth to 16/48...

Reply #2
Maybe DVD Audio Extractor can make stereo track for you which can be easily handled by audio editors to convert sample rate / bit depth to 16/48...

That tool is completely useless.  Not at all relevant to this thread.  Notice it talks about extracting from "Dvd-video discs".  I'm not the least bit interested in doing that.
Daniel L Newhouse