Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error Converting FSB to MP3 (Read 1047 times) previous topic - next topic

Error Converting FSB to MP3

Hi

I'm still relatively new to foobar2000.

When converting some FSB files to MP3, I received an error message regarding a select number of them.
Here's an example:

Source: "C:\Users\user\Music\Transformers\Transformers - Fall of Cybertron\L01_01_MX_ON_THE_ARK_1.fsb" / index: 1
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Users\user\Music\Transformers\Transformers - Fall of Cybertron\L01_01_MX_ON_THE_ARK_1.mp3"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 6ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\lame.exe" -S --noreplaygain -b 320 - "L01_01_MX_ON_THE_ARK_1.mp3"
  Working folder: C:\Users\user\Music\Transformers\Transformers - Fall of Cybertron\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters

I was converting 150 FSB files, but only around 47 of them gave me this message.

Any solutions to this?

Thank you

Re: Error Converting FSB to MP3

Reply #1
Your source file has 6 channels. MP3 only supports stereo. Add "Downmix channels to stereo" DSP to your encoder preset.

Reply #2
I already had that specific DSP enabled and it still doesn't work.

There was nothing remotely different between those 47 FSB files and the other 103, so I don't know why they won't convert when they did.

Reply #3
You added it to the encoder preset? Because enabling a DSP for playback has no effect on conversion.