Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Saving Configurations For Future Re-Install (Read 2559 times) previous topic - next topic

Saving Configurations For Future Re-Install

Occasionally, FooBar2000 becomes corrupt for some mysterious reason and I have to re-install. It has happened to me at 4 times within a one-year period. Also, sometimes I have to reinstall Windows (for other personal reasons).  My question is, how do I save my FooBar2000 entire configurations and settings for future re-installs. Is there a particular file or folder I should save?  In the past I have tried saving and then copying and pasting my entire older FooBar2000 directory; which supposedly has all of my older FooBar2000 settings and configurations data without success on to the newly re-installed FooBar2000. In other words, ALL of my older/previous settings and configurations still are not there so I have to re-configure once again.  Any helpful suggestions anyone? :)

Thanks.

Re: Saving Configurations For Future Re-Install

Reply #2
Hopefully the config corruption issue is solved in the latest foobar2000 1.4 beta versions. If you wish to manually make backup of your foobar2000 settings you need the %appdata%\foobar2000 directory and the installation directory.

Note that foo_jesus is old and it by default doesn't save all the new player's config dirs. And there are plenty of 3rd party components that use external files for configuration which foo_jesus also doesn't know about.

Reply #3
Easiest way, without configuring plugins:
Save somewhere whole contents of:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\ (on Vista & above).
Restoring config is just overwriting of what foobar will create after installation with contents of saved directory.
To go to the noted folder just press "Windows logo" + R and write %appdata%.

Reply #4
I am already using the latest foobar2000 1.4 beta 9 version

"File > Save Configuration" (is not shown in my FooBar2000; that's part my issue); and yes I do have the "foo_jesus.dll" within the correct directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foo_jesus.dll).

Now I was able to find all of the contents within this area: C:\Users\AJ Alexander\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000    ….see the attached image.

Now do I save everything within this area (C:\Users\AJ Alexander\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000), or a certain folder(s)?

Reply #5
The best option is to keep whole "foobar2000" directory. You will then save your playlists, configs, theme (UI customizations), plugins, ML database, everything. Only have in mind, that as time goes by "autobackup" subdirectory will grow in size with new automated backups.