Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ripping into monkey audio APE format with EAC (Read 2666 times) previous topic - next topic

ripping into monkey audio APE format with EAC

I followed word for word of the tutorial located at http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...onkey%27s_Audio

Open EAC and insert a CD into the drive.
    Click the EAC menu and select Compression Options.
    Click the External Compression Tab, and put a check box in use external program for compression.
    Change Parameter Passing Scheme to User Defined Encoder.
    Change Use file extension to .ape if not already that.
    Click the Browse button and locate the wapet.exe.
    Remove the ticks from Use CRC check, Add ID3 tag and check for external programs return code.
    In the Addtional command line options box, copy and paste the string below.

APEv2 Tag:

%d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" "C:\Program Files\Monkey's Audio\MAC.exe"
%s %d -c2000

Note 1: This needs to point to where the MAC.exe is located and please ensure that " " is around the full location.

Note 2: Alter this switch for the desired compression mode
-c1000    Fast
-c2000    Normal
-c3000    High
-c4000    Extra High
-c5000    Insane

But it told me 'I have tag error in the command line' and the cursor goes back to it. What am I doing wrong?