Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripped ALAC with XLD, but it doesn't play properly in VLC (Read 3157 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripped ALAC with XLD, but it doesn't play properly in VLC

Hi! Newbie here

I intend to go through my existing collection and replace the albums ripped in MP3 to ALAC - This format works best for my needs, while saving a higher quality version.

I've had a play with XLD, and while I'm happy with the quality of the rip it doesn't sound right in VLC. It sounds faster and more choppy than it should.
Plays ok from the preview and iTunes on the Mac, but not VLC.

All apps are at the latest version.

Has anybody encountered the same problem?

Thanks,

... Alex ...

Reply #1

It definitely looks like a problem on the VLC side (BTW: do you run it on the same Mac or on other systems?).
Give a look at the preferences page, or just make a full reset.
... I live by long distance.

Reply #2
Hi,

It definitely looks like a problem on the VLC side (BTW: do you run it on the same Mac or on other systems?).
Give a look at the preferences page, or just make a full reset.

I've tried on the same Mac and on the Windows 7 VM, same result.
I've done a preferences reset for VLC, but no dice...

... Alex ...