Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 166747 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #525
Quick update: Georgia seems to work like before after a couple of random crashes, but still no scrobbling. These things are to be expected when using Linux, and especially Wine. I'm going to inspect the code and see if I can manually add my credentials somehow

It is weird, I'm using foo_scrobble since forever in wine. Never give a problem or requires special configuration.
Are you logged in last.fm page before trying to authorize the component?

Yes, I am logged into last.fm on my default browser, LibreWolf. And it always worked before for me too, until this last Wine update. I wonder if it's LibreWolf blocking the pop-up because it blocks a lot of stuff in general.

Quick update: I tried setting my default browser to Firefox, didn't work. Still, nothing happens when I click "Request Authorization." So frustrating when you have no idea why something doesn't work. I've been scrobbling for over 10 years, don't wanna stop now.

Reply #526
Quick update: Georgia seems to work like before after a couple of random crashes, but still no scrobbling. These things are to be expected when using Linux, and especially Wine. I'm going to inspect the code and see if I can manually add my credentials somehow

It is weird, I'm using foo_scrobble since forever in wine. Never give a problem or requires special configuration.
Are you logged in last.fm page before trying to authorize the component?

Yes, I am logged into last.fm on my default browser, LibreWolf. And it always worked before for me too, until this last Wine update. I wonder if it's LibreWolf blocking the pop-up because it blocks a lot of stuff in general.

Could be... Try Firefox or Chrome

Reply #527
What happens if you try this command?
Code: [Select]
WINEDEBUG=err+all wine iexplore https://www.last.fm

You're sure it does not block the popup with an active adblocker?

What Wine build you're using?
If you say it worked with a previous Wine version and now it's not working, then the Wine build you're using could be a bugged.
But if @paregistrase could confirm that's it's working with the latest, then I guess your installed ( updated? ) Wine is not working
properly and I would try a new prefix and install all necessary.

I can't help you very much, because I don't have a last.fm account and never used foo_scrobble...

-TT

Reply #528
There it is
https://github.com/regorxxx/Not-A-Waveform-Seekbar-SMP

Readme and comments on files should be enough docs for now. There are a few extra helpers for the demo, but they can be stripped down to implement it at other places.

Only thing missing is moving the scale calculation at new track loading, to allow changing between the different analysis modes on the fly. Right now it's baked on the data file, so it requires to reanalyze all the files to change it. Will do it when I found some time, but you can play with it meanwhile -should not interfere with your own changes-.

I will also try to compress as much as possible the data files, but right now a full album should need like 1 Mb.

Reply #529
Thanks and nice work @regor  8)

I'll take a look at this after I've released Beta 11.

-TT

Reply #530
I've been thinking about modifying the old Georgia to add some of the functionality from ReBorn, for my own fork. How did you get the window to be able to drag with UI hacks? Before it was impossible to move the window, only resizing it worked.

As for the scrobbling, I'm just not worried about it for now. I didn't have adblock when I temporarily set my browser to Firefox, and my Wine version is the latest, (8.0) as I have the GPG key added to my system

Reply #531
@NewLeaf42,

you need to set captions on_mouse_move to temporarily disable top menu options to be able to drag and drop the window around.
This happens if you mouse click on the free top menu bar or when holding the middle mouse wheel button.
If you're using the Beta, open the gr-callbacks.js file and go to the on_mouse_move func:

Code: [Select]
		// * UIHacks - Drag n drop window
if (!mouseInPanel) mouseInPanel = true;
if (!componentUIHacks) return;
try {
if (mouseInControl || downButton) {
UIHacks.SetPseudoCaption(0, 0, 0, 0);
if (UIHacks.FrameStyle === 3) UIHacks.DisableSizing = true;
pseudoCaption = false;
}
else if (!pseudoCaption || pseudoCaptionWidth !== ww) {
UIHacks.SetPseudoCaption(0, 0, ww, pref.layout !== 'default' ? geo.topMenuHeight + scaleForDisplay(5) : geo.topMenuHeight);
if (UIHacks.FrameStyle === 3 && !pref.lockPlayerSize) UIHacks.DisableSizing = false;
pseudoCaption = true;
pseudoCaptionWidth = ww;
}
} catch (e) {}

Also there are more UIHacks features, the best way is to search for "UIHacks" in all script files via your IDE.

-TT

Reply #532
@regor @TT

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I look forward to seeing if the waveform can be implemented sometime in the future.  @TT As for the just for looks comment, I understand that but I actually use the real waveform to judge volumes.  I have a nice big stereo that I use foobar with.  :)

Reply #534
@regor @TT

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I look forward to seeing if the waveform can be implemented sometime in the future.  @TT As for the just for looks comment, I understand that but I actually use the real waveform to judge volumes.  I have a nice big stereo that I use foobar with.  :)
Was able to retrieve real volume with other program, so the script can be used for real waveforms, RMS, peaks, or just as a random visualizer FX. TT will have to adjust the UI to match the theme though, but made all the colors and UI configurable, so half work is done. Only thing missing is making it async, that's on my side.

Not sure if the idea is to add it at beta 12 or after main release though.

Reply #535
regor has done a really great javascript waveform component.

I will try to implement it into the theme, not sure yet if it's in Beta 11b or after public release.
The plan was to only release mini Beta 11 updates ( fixes/improvments from Beta 11 ) and finally publish the first public release.

P.S @regor, you should make a new thread about the waveform component here on HydrogenAudio, I'm certain many other users will be interested!

-TT

Reply #536
@NewLeaf42,

so I have made a last.fm account to test scrobbling because another user on Github has reported a scrobbling issue.
I have tested it with latest foo_scrobble and last stable ( in my opinion ) Wine 6.0.1 and everything is working just fine,
Also used LibreWolf and there are no problems with last.fm scrobbling.

-TT

Reply #537
regor has done a really great javascript waveform component.

I will try to implement it into the theme, not sure yet if it's in Beta 11b or after public release.
The plan was to only release mini Beta 11 updates ( fixes/improvments from Beta 11 ) and finally publish the first public release.

P.S @regor, you should make a new thread about the waveform component here on HydrogenAudio, I'm certain many other users will be interested!

-TT
After it gets integrated in Georgia, otherwise I would have to maintain 2 separate branches. Let me know your schedule for beta 11b to make it async for that release.

I will be a bit busy the next 2 weeks though

Reply #538
The plan is that I'm cooking some exquisite gourmets for the Georgia-ReBORN users and I need to fine-tune the taste,
if you know what I mean. After that, fix some Beta 11 bugs and then I'll be integrating your js waveform.
Can't tell you exactly when I'm done, but it will take a couple of days up to a week I think, depends on some factors...

-TT

Reply #539
The plan is that I'm cooking some exquisite gourmets for the Georgia-ReBORN users and I need to fine-tune the taste,
if you know what I mean. After that, fix some Beta 11 bugs and then I'll be integrating your js waveform.
Can't tell you exactly when I'm done, but it will take a couple of days up to a week I think, depends on some factors...

-TT
Ok! Until next week I'm out.

Btw this is what I was talking about panel popups using foo_flowin:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123683.msg1022526.html#msg1022526

If done right, it looks really great. And gives a lot of room for advanced tools while also making the main window/theme simple.

Reply #540
OK. So finding the latest download was complex and there were no clear and easy-to-understand instructions to install it. Is there a simple installation option?

Reply #541
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN
Ehm.. not sure I follow you. There are 5 clear steps:

X

And -updated- download links are at the beta page:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/74#discussion-4190799

Reply #542
Beta 11b released:

New installation required for both standard and portable! There was a library cache bug for standard installation ::)

10 new custom themes released:

Custom Theme 01:

Custom Theme 02:

Custom Theme 03:

Custom Theme 04:

Custom Theme 05:

Custom Theme 06:

Custom Theme 07:

Custom Theme 08:

Custom Theme 09:

Custom Theme 10:

Download and more information here:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/99

-TT

Reply #543
Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Georgia-ReBORN is a modification of Mordred's original Georgia theme for foobar2000.
It's purpose is to be used mainly as a desktop version, the layout has been modified to look clean and simple without any distractions.
The cover artwork and playlist are the main focus.

Georgia-ReBORN has 10 themes in total ( Options -> Change Theme ):

WilB's awesome biography script has been integrated and modified. You can right click on the biography
to change various options. There are 4 different biography layouts to choose from. Top is the default.
There is also an automatic lyric fetcher using the Lyric Show 3 ( by The vern ) and Multisource component ( by veksha ).
Synched lyrics will be highlighted with a theme color, unsynched lyrics have the default white text color:

Georgia-ReBORN supports 4k resolutions and will adjust theme elements based on DPI and screen size. Fullscreen mode is also supported!
There are 6 pre-defined sizes ( Options -> Change Player Size ), 3 for FULL HD and below and 3 for 4K resolution and higher.
These pre-defined sizes are restricted, if you have a monitor capable of 1920 x 1200 and below the first 3 are available,
if you have a monitor capable of 4K resolution and higher the other 3 are available.
You can of course resize foobar to your liking, but it has minimum size restrictions ( Player Size 'Small' ) to prevent button and text overlapping.

There is also a mini compact player ala Winamp ( Options -> Change Layout Mode -> Playlist Mode ).
You can resize the width and height but it also has a minimum width restriction:

**NOTE:** Georgia-ReBORN starts in player size 'Small' as a failsafe player size for small res. monitor/laptop screens
and looks best if you switch to 'Normal' or a bigger player size!

Image Packs

These image packs are optional, they contain record labels and artist logos which will be displayed in 'Details'.
Download Record Labels plus Download Artist Logos Part 1 and Download Artist Logos Part 2.
Extract them to your foobar2000/profile/images

Features

Georgia-ReBORN design

10 different themes

6 pre-definied player sizes

Default and playlist mode

Biography

Automatic 4k detection

Automatic lyric downloader

Automatic scrollbar hide for playlist, library and biography

A more modern library design that matches Georgia-ReBORN

Please visit Mordred's original Georgia theme to learn more: https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia

Installation Instructions

1. Install foobar2000 as portable from the Official Website.

2. Download the Georgia-ReBORN theme from this Github Page.

3. Extract the profile folder from the zip into foobar's root folder.

4. Install all located fonts from your foobar2000/profile/georgia/fonts folder.

5. Start foobar and select Columns UI, everything else is already pre-configured.

Support

The official discussion thread for this theme is located at Github-Discussions or at HydrogenAudio
and that's a great place to go for questions and other support issues.
If you discover a bug, please open an issue on Github if you can, or visit
Mordred's Georgia HydrogenAudio Thread since most of the code is based from Georgia.

Thanks

Many thanks to Mordred for his original Georgia theme and help!
Many thanks to TheQwertiest for his SpiderMonkey Panel and Playlist!
Many thanks to WilB for his Biography and Library script!
Many thanks to The vern for his Lyric Show 3 component and veksha for Multisource!
Many thanks to zeremy for his automatic lyric save script to work great along with Lyric Show 3!

If you want to support this theme, you can send a donation to Mordred ( author of the original Georgia theme ):

Is it compatible with Foobar 64-bit?

Reply #545
Apologies if this has already been asked, I'm wondering if its possible to edit the Playlist drop-down menu to instead be functionally identical to the Library view with a toggle-able view.

Thanks for the work on the plugin.

Reply #546
Hi @Jerry72,

sorry but I have no idea what you meant. You can check the FAQ "How do I create playlists and access the playlist manager?" https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/58#discussion-3894207

If you don't like the playlist drop down menu, the fastest way to access the playlist manager
with its playlists would be to press CTRL + M.

-TT

Reply #547
@TT Thank You for the amazing and continual work on this it looks so good!

• I am having problems getting this working because I am installing it wrong I think.  I follow these instructions for a fresh portable installation to a folder on my Desktop of Foobar2000 v2.x beta Installation Instructions

1. Install foobar2000 as portable from the Official Website.

2. Download the Georgia-ReBORN theme from this Github Page.

3. Extract the profile folder from the zip into foobar's root folder.

4. Install all located fonts from your foobar2000/profile/georgia/fonts folder.

5. Start foobar and select Columns UI, everything else is already pre-configured. Regarding point 3.  Does it get extracted into the new folder I have created on the desktop for Foobar?  I have seen elsewhere in the forums it should go into the User/Name/Appdata folder which does not have Foobar2000. After extracting it into the folder, I have installed the fonts by right clicking them and selecting install, start Foobar and look in Preferences>Components>Display and only have the Default User Interface.  What steps am I missing?
    • This is from the Github and describes a totaly different way of installing "Georgia" Is this just for a non portable version.  I am tempted to try this method as it seems better documented, with a video too. Will this take me to the same place in having a functional Georgia skin?
    Thank You for listening to the long winded question and for any advice.

Reply #548
Solved why its not working, I think and that is because I am using the 64 bit version which is incompatible. I set up a separate portable installation on another drive and while following the video and instructions got to the point of launching the theme in spidermonkey and upon setting the pathway to the theme I get a crash report and a red screen

"Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({1AA71437-9A9E-4BAD-B2B8-E072E4BC5C9C}: Georgia v2.0.3 by Mordred)
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: F:\Music\foobar2000\profile\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\lodash-new.js

File: georgia-theme.js
Line: 9, Column: 13
Stack trace:
  loadAsyncFile/</<@georgia-theme.js:9:13
"

It is pointing to the same theme and location as indicated in the tutorial video. "F:\Music\foobar2000\Georgia-2.0.3\georgia-theme.js" I googled and found some other people with similar issues and the suggestions were to reinstall, which I did and ran into the same error, Any suggestions?

Reply #549
Hi @calpurnius,

first of all Mordred's original Georgia theme and my Georgia-ReBORN theme are two different themes.
They are absolutely incompatible, that means you can NOT use the same installation instruction for Georgia nor Georgia-ReBORN.
If you want to install Mordred's original Georgia, follow the installation instruction from his installation video.
And if you want to install my theme Georgia-ReBORN, follow these instructions:

1. Download latest stable foobar2000 from here and save download to your desktop.
2. Double click on foobar2000_v1.6.16.exe and click on the Next button, click on the I Agree button, select Portable installation and click on the Next button.
Destination folder for installation should look like this: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\foobar2000, click on the Next button, click on the Install button.
Finally uncheck Run foobar2000 and click on the Finish button.
3. Download Georgia-ReBORN_First_Public_Release_v2.3.0_Beta11b.zip to your desktop and double click on the zip.
Drag and drop the profile folder to the installed portable foobar2000 folder.
Now click on the foobar2000 folder, click on the profile folder, click on the georgia-reborn folder, click on the fonts folder,
click on the Windows folder, select all fonts and right click and click on Install.
4. When everything installed, open the foobar2000 folder from your desktop and click foobar2000.exe.

The Georgia-ReBORN theme is the easiest theme to install on foobar, actually you ONLY need to install the Georgia-ReBORN fonts
( Step 3 ) one time per Windows installation. Installation time to install foobar and my theme takes about 10 seconds.
Basically you install foobar as portable, open the zip/7zip file and put the profile folder into the foobar folder and start foobar.
Can it get easier than that? If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here, thank you!

-TT