Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889670 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2900
A little 'request'...... what about making it possible to use a FLAC Binary with this great tool of yours Gregory.

Reply #2902
Thnx for the reminder korth. Totally forgot about that.

Reply #2903
Anything I can do for Cueripper to write unicode filenames on the CUE? The filenames are OK after I found the tip about editing settings.txt in %appdata% and changed the ANSI safe filename param to 0 but the CUE still uses ANSI.  If I load the flac files on Cuetools and generate CUE then it have proper unicode filenames inside.

Reply #2904
I'm getting the error "Exception: First index must start at file beginning"

Please help me =(

REM GENRE Game
REM DATE 2009
REM DISCID A910410D
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb5"
PERFORMER "EastNewSound"
TITLE "Sacred Factor"
FILE "Sacred Factor.tta" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "song for bird"
    PERFORMER "リツカ"
    INDEX 01 00:02:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Your Color"
    PERFORMER "Cryu"
    INDEX 01 04:55:08
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Lucid Dream"
    PERFORMER "茶太"
    INDEX 01 10:45:40

Reply #2905
The file should begin at 00:00:00
Track 01 begins at 00:02:00

Add INDEX 00 00:00:00 to show where the file begins.
FILE "Sacred Factor.tta" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "song for bird"
    PERFORMER "リツカ"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:02:00
korth

Reply #2906
Sorry, posted in wrong section.  :-[ 

Reply #2907
So this has been an issue for a little while (perhaps six months?), metadata sourced from Discogs now adds a space and comma character after the Artist tag, despite it not displaying as such in the CUERipper UI.

So it will display as say, The Beatles in the CUERipper UI, but when ripped it will output to The Beatles , - which will include directories and filenames if that's part of the user's output template.

Using v2.1.5

Reply #2908
Thank you for making CUETools.  I love it, and use it all the time :)

Reply #2910
A bug-ish behaviour that may be known:

When there is already a CDTOC, CUETools may sometimes write a second one. And I will have e.g.
11+96+4D77+B2EB+10223+186D4+1F433+26051+2BBDA+30844+3461B+3737B+38B30+3C070+3DEBE+42930+48EA4+4F095+55115; 11+96+4D77+B2EB+10223+186D4+1F433+26051+2BBDA+30844+3461B+3737B+38B30+3C070+3DEBE+42930+48EA4+4F095+55115
note: both are equal
- and next time I try to verify, CUETools refuses to recognize that track as part of the CD with the others.

Suggestion: if the CDTOC-to-be-written is the same as one already present, do not write.

Reply #2911
As reported on this user talk page,[1] the wiki page CUETools Download may need to be updated.

(by the way, this thread's first post needs to be updated too :)

link removed

Reply #2912
I did a round of AccurateRip-retroverification ... I know that ripping without cross-pressing checking is soooo last decade, but about ninety percent of my rips were done before dBpoweramp implemented that feature.
So out of about 7250 CDs, approx.:
* 3800 were Accurate upon ripping;
* 2500 more verify (confidence at least 2, since "1" would be mine - except some purged submissions); a few by PerfectTunes, but most of them by CUETools.
... out of the 2500, 51 were repaired by CUETools first.
* 700 are still the only submission (many self-released and from basement labels);
* 150 seem to have a competing entry, not sure if mine or the other is right
* 70 are bad rips
* 30 are HDCDs which I decoded upon ripping. Ignorance, argh.

So if (*guess!*) half the "competing entry" ones are indeed bad, then CUETools managed to repair 1/4 of my bad rips.
Despite an "adverse" selection: I re-ripped a few CDs which upon ripping had some Accurate and one or two Inaccurate tracks - and if they were not that rare, they should have had a better chance of being repairable.

Not counting classical music (different folder, must be counted manually, too lazy) .

And, a gentle bump, while I'm at it:
Here is a case where CUETools and fb2k on one hand, compute the AccurateRip (V1) checksum different from what dBpoweramp and PerfectTunes do:

Reply #2913
Thanks, very interesting statistics.

In my dream universe record labels (including the basement ones) would submit reliable data to the database for each CD they plan to print, so even if there are consistent errors in all the copies we could still all repair them ;)
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2914
In a not-so-optimal universe, I still keep my CDs ... but hell I do not want to re-rip. Ever. That was some job ...

By the way, you need to upgrade your signature :-o

Reply #2915
Greetings!
When I transcode flac into aac using CUETools.Converter, the entries in the main tags of the new file are duplicated, like: "ALBUMARTIST: Al Chem; Al Chem" How can I fix this?

Reply #2916
When using "CUETools.exe /convert" in a batch file, how can I make the GUI automatically exit after it's finished processing?

Reply #2917
Hi, I'm unable to encode compilations with Cuetools 2.1.5.

I have a CUE file with the COMPILATION flag set, and can encode mp3 files for all of the tracks. Other meta data from the CUE file is created as tags in the mp3 files, but not the 'part of a compilation'.

I am new to using Cuetools, but not to cuefiles;  I have a number of images and cue files that i created with eac and have successfully encoded using LAME to create these files with the metadata including the compilation flag.

The input cue file has the following:

REM GENRE Christmas-Rock
REM DATE 1963
REM DISCID B4083E0D
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb3"
REM COMPILATION 1
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
TITLE "A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector"
etc

All of the mp3s are created with the year, genre and the Various Artists performer from the cue file, but the "Part of the Compilation" flag is not set.  I have also tried changing the REM COMPILATION 1 line to REM COMPILATION TRUE.

I must be missing something obvious. Please can anyone clue me in? Also how to post 'code snippets'
Thanks
dpr

Reply #2918
For converting a huge amount of image+cue files to lossy files, is there a way to NOT have the cue file copied over to the destination directory. I tested with 2.15 and haven't been able to stop the cue file being copied. Is there a newer build with the option? Thanks

Reply #2921
CUETools 2.1.6. & Windows 7 x64

Hi  :)

During the process of splitting a single FLAC into multiples, CUETools abruptly stops the process, and displays this error message:

"flac.exe has exited prematurely with code 1: The pipe has been ended."

Could someone please explain what causes this, and perhaps offer the appropriate solution?

Thank you.

Reply #2922
flac will exit with code 1 if there were any errors, including when the MD5 checksum doesn't match the audio.
Can you run Action:Verify on the input without error?
You can also test your input file for errors with the flac frontend or with the flac command-line flac.exe -t yourinputfile.flac
korth

Reply #2923
If it happens right away, it might be due to wrong command line parameters.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2924
I use CUERipper to convert CDs to flac and it works great, really nice little tool!

I have a questions though where i am unsure how i can do that with CUERipper.
- Is it possible to keep the .wav as well?
- is it possible to write ReplayGain Info into the cue?

Thanks!