Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mass-editing .fpl files (Read 2375 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass-editing .fpl files

Hi everybody,

Due to a change in my music library root folder, I'd like to mass-edit all my playlists (excluding autoplaylists of course).

Basically I'd have to replace all the "X:\AUDIO\" with only "X:\", in all my playlists.

Can this be achieved, and if yes, how please ?

Thank you.

Re: Mass-editing .fpl files

Reply #1
Foo_playlist_revive or you can export your playlists to a plaintext format (maybe m3u), do a basic replace on all the paths then reimport the modified playlists back to foobar.

Reply #2
Awesome ! Thanks Daeron, I'll give the reviver a try. ;)

Reply #3
It works. Well, sort of. It retrieves a small part of the stuff (generally less than half), and only one playlist at a time, which is quite tedious when you have dozens of them.
Most of all, it doesn't seem very effective. Lots of files where basically only the path changed (e.g. X:\ instead of X:\AUDIO) weren't retrieved, even though their main tags (artist, title, album, etc.) were unchanged.
Well, nevermind. Good enough for now. :) Most of my playlists are autoplaylists anyway, and the rest I'll be able to correct manually I guess.

Reply #4
Under Advanced/Tools/Playlist Revive  there is an option "compare track title in reviving" that might help.

Reply #5
It's all in your Media Library, right? It doesn't have any idea where else to source the tracks from when looking for the new locations.

Reply #6
Best way would be to save everything to .m3u file, open each in Notepad, hit Ctrl+H, put X:\AUDIO into top line and then X:\ into bottom one and then hit "Replace all". Then simply hit Ctrl+S and load such file in foobar. Foobar would only need to load extended metadata info from files (which may take some time) and then you only need to close it to have all .fpl files saved in config folder. No plugins involved.