Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 244048 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #400
authentication failed

double check your username/password.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #401
Hey, I can still scrobble what I'm paying... I see it on my last.fm profile...

EDIT:
OK, I'm an idiot. I haven't entered my username and password in softplaylist config :/

foo_softplaylists

Reply #402
Hi, what's the command for loving/unloving a track for a columns splitter script?
I'm trying to change this script to love/unlove using softplaylists.
Code: [Select]
$if($stricmp('FOO_LASTFM',$left(%path%,10)),
    $imageabs2(14,14,0,0,0,0,$get(x),$get(y),'./images/curacao/bt/mood_off.png',nokeepaspect)
    $ifgreater(%MOOD%,0,
        $button($get(x),$get(y),0,0,14,14,'./images/curacao/bt/mood_on.png','./images/curacao/bt/mood_off.png',TAG:SET:MOOD:0,TOOLTIP:"Unset")
        $button($get(x),$get(y),0,0,14,14,'./images/curacao/bt/mood_off.png','./images/curacao/bt/mood_on.png',TAG:SET:MOOD:1,TOOLTIP:"Set")
    )
)

How do I find which command to use instead of tag:set?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #403
You can see the list of available commands by going to the panel stack splitter script tab and choosing context in the drop down menu at bottom left. I think that the commands you want are there.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #404
You can see the list of available commands by going to the panel stack splitter script tab and choosing context in the drop down menu at bottom left. I think that the commands you want are there.

I've tried that before but it only inputs the name of that function, for example selecting "ReplayGain/Apply album ReplayGain to MP3 data" adds the same text to the script window.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #405
I noticed one bad thing. Banning tracks from foo_softplaylists works - I see "banned tracks list" on my L.fm profile, but foo_audioscrobbler just scrobbles them and they are still visible in my recently played list and become entries in my L.fm library... It may be problem with Last.FM servers/web software, but I'm not sure, maybe there's something that could be done inside client software to prevent this behaviour... I think I should also post it in audioscrobbler thread, as I don't know which plugin may be responsible for this.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #406
I noticed one bad thing. Banning tracks from foo_softplaylists works - I see "banned tracks list" on my L.fm profile, but foo_audioscrobbler just scrobbles them and they are still visible in my recently played list and become entries in my L.fm library... It may be problem with Last.FM servers/web software, but I'm not sure, maybe there's something that could be done inside client software to prevent this behaviour... I think I should also post it in audioscrobbler thread, as I don't know which plugin may be responsible for this.

I'm pretty sure banning tracks only works for last.fm radio.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #408
@nikolai4ik
Did you put CONTEXT: in front of the command; e.g. CONTEXT:Properties;? I know this example works and so you can use it as a check to ensure that there are no other errors in your code. CONTEXT:Last.fm Love Track; in panel stack splitter ought to work the same as it does with the softplaylists right click menu item but I do not use that feature so I haven't tested it. I did test CONTEXT:Last.fm Artist Top Tracks; which is also a softplaylist context command and it works.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #409
This might be a bit out of topic, but is there a way to automate (in a periodical way or at least at foobar's startup or shutdown) the fetching of Last.fm playlists by foo_softplaylists?
Regards,

foo_softplaylists

Reply #410
@nikolai4ik
Did you put CONTEXT: in front of the command; e.g. CONTEXT:Properties;? I know this example works and so you can use it as a check to ensure that there are no other errors in your code. CONTEXT:Last.fm Love Track; in panel stack splitter ought to work the same as it does with the softplaylists right click menu item but I do not use that feature so I haven't tested it. I did test CONTEXT:Last.fm Artist Top Tracks; which is also a softplaylist context command and it works.

This works in a splitter code but not in the track info mod panel for some reason, but that doesn't matter. Thanks.
Do you know if there's a command to check if the track is loved? So the button I'm making would act as a toggle instead of having two different buttons.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #412
Do you know if there's a command to check if the track is loved? So the button I'm making would act as a toggle instead of having two different buttons.

you might be interested in my WSH panel mod script here....

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=76772

if a track is already loved, clicking the button will unlove it.

Used to use it, but I've moved away from unneeded extra tags and databases. I've added two separate buttons to the default button toolbar for now. Some wsh last.fm panels are able to fetch the loved info to display the heart icon so it should be possible without custom db.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #413
First of all it is a brilliant plugin, but i've noticed that when i'm listening streaming radio from internet plugin reports:
foo_softplaylists: failed to love track: title and/or artist tag not present
, although title and artist is visible in foobar on both playlist and item details info, and plugin foo_audioscrobbler reports:
Audioscrobbler: Submitting track...
Audioscrobbler: Submission succeeded.
I suspect, that plugin takes title and artist directly from file tag instead of variables %title% and %artist%. Is that correct?

im having the same problem did you ever figure this out?

Anybody resolved this problem of tags and variables  from online streaming?
anybody? )

foo_softplaylists

Reply #414
Crash report

Code: [Select]
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    foobar2000.exe
  Application Version:    1.2.5.0
  Application Timestamp:    51727b8b
  Fault Module Name:    foo_softplaylists.dll
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4d4cbe4f
  Exception Offset:    00035a64
  Exception Code:    c0000417
  Exception Data:    00000000
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    2649
  Additional Information 2:    2649cd0ebbcba5b93a1c084b3e56b1b7
  Additional Information 3:    ab25
  Additional Information 4:    ab25449ea2b79ac193486f0c7a295159

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What have I done wrong?

Is this not the most recent version?
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_softplaylists

17 pages of ancient comments. This plugin is awesome, it needs an actual page of its own

foo_softplaylists

Reply #415
Did you try the patched version in post #387?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #416
The latest version is broken - it's using an old last.fm API key and handles that by crashing  Someone (romor) fiddled with the DLL to patch it up a few pages back - that version works - but the 'official' version hasn't had its source updated so still crashes, and the original author has disappeared so it will probably never be fixed. Here's the link to the post with the fixed version: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=811096

Or if you only want it for "So and so's top tracks" (that's all I used this component for), foo_bestversion will do that, and is a little bit smarter about matching tracks to your library too: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=100019

foo_softplaylists

Reply #417
The latest version is broken - it's using an old last.fm API key and handles that by crashing  Someone (romor) fiddled with the DLL to patch it up a few pages back - that version works - but the 'official' version hasn't had its source updated so still crashes, and the original author has disappeared so it will probably never be fixed. Here's the link to the post with the fixed version: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=811096

Thank you!

He was using test API key wchich is now deprecated: http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Servi...21604/_/2188288

Here is patched version that works (with my api_key): http://goo.gl/zwKi7

I'll remove the file, when Johan resolves it

(From the linked thread)

Thank you too!

I use this to fetch my loved tracks as my memory is atrocious

Each of you rock

foo_softplaylists

Reply #418
I was able to save and load an xspf playlist involving a folder in the library.  I also listen to files remotely located such as an mp3 direct link to a file stored on an internet accessible resource or an audio stream.  Can the (fb2k)library->foo_softplaylists plugin handle these as well?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #419
I don't understand this XSPF playlist stuff. CAn someone explain it to me or at tell me what's wrong. I have a playlist with 8513 files. I saved it as an XSPF using this compontent. I loaded the new playlist and it only added 3995 files on it. I couldn't find a logical explaining for this. For example, it had track 2 and 3 of one CD but not track 1 despite the only difference in tagging was the title of the first track and the track number.  Second, I moved "track 2" of that same CD to different location and tried to play it to test to see if the claims were true and Foobar said no file was found.

Is my component busted? I have the latest version as listed a few posts up. I thought there might be some unicode issues (which is why I switched to m3u8 playlists years ago) but a lot of the tracks that remain are unicode and are just fine.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #420
You can search the forums and the internet for more information in regard to XSPF playlists in general.

Now, as to XSPF playlists created via foo_softplaylists. Looking at a playlist in a text editor shows me that this implementation stores no location information (making it portable, duh). This means that the playlist is entirely dependent upon the media application reading it to find matching entries.

Sooooo... when you load an XSPF playlist with foo_softplaylists, the component depends upon foobar's media library database having matching entries to load the playlist (whether or not the XSPF playlist was created by foo_softplaylists because I'm guessing location information is ignored even when it is present. I'll test this conjecture at some point, maybe, but not right now). Thus any entries not matching anything in foobar's media library or files that the media library fails to locate (dead entries) will not load.

Further inspection of the playlist reveals that entries with odd-sized durations/durations of "0" (internet radio streams, for example) will also fail to load.

Hopefully this explains why so many entries failed to load for you. Then again, creating an XSPF playlist with more than a few dozen items at most is a bit...

foo_softplaylists

Reply #421

Or if you only want it for "So and so's top tracks" (that's all I used this component for), foo_bestversion will do that, and is a little bit smarter about matching tracks to your library too: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=100019

Thanks for the info. Haven't been using this plugin for a while and crashed when I did use it. Figured it was some deprecated API issue and was worried since the plugin hasn't been updated for a while. Good to know there is a temp work around

foo_softplaylists

Reply #422
Anyone has the sources of this project? I noticed it was posted 2 years ago with a dropbox link but the link is dead

foo_softplaylists

Reply #423
Looking at a playlist in a text editor shows me that this implementation stores no location information (making it portable, duh). This means that the playlist is entirely dependent upon the media application reading it to find matching entries.

Hopefully this explains why so many entries failed to load for you. Then again, creating an XSPF playlist with more than a few dozen items at most is a bit...

So I figured out (a year later lol) what's wrong. It's CHANGING my artists OR the song titles for some reason. For example, "One More Time, One More Chance" by "??????" is being written as "??????E" Under "Creator", So it's not being imported.  An example of the track being changed is "?????????" as the track and creator is "??". The track on the xspf is written as "??Ex81E???xE3x81E??E"

Changing them manually doesn't seem to work, I wouldn't know why maybe because editing it with notepad++ doesn't actually do anything. Idk, but half my songs from pretty much any random playlist of any length are being excluded because of this. That's the only thing consistent with files that don't work that I can find though. This happens with English songs too though. They will randomly have the letter "E" and a symbolized "x81" or whatever randomly in between letters. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

edit: It seems like it's only happening with Japanese songs or English songs that have apostrophes or other symbols. Is this a Unicode issue then? It works fine for thousands of songs but randomly not others. One song that works even has the exact same title as one that doesn't work, just has an "E" added to the end and some weird x(NumbersHere) coding....really makes no sense to me why some work and others don't. I'd be honestly happier if NONE worked just because it would make sense to me lol.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #424
if the problem is only with saving xspf files, you might be able to knock something up with foo_utils (the text tools section) to save your playlists.