Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #14/pointless] From: Vinyl rip to mp3 (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #14/pointless] From: Vinyl rip to mp3

Best way to convert 24bit samples to 16bit Mp3?

Here is how I would do it personally. I would convert my 24bit files into uncompressed 24bit WAV files (retaining the sample sampling rate as well of course). I would then run the 24bit WAV file through a program called "R8brain". This is the best software i've ever used for downsampling. It uses a much more advanced allogram than most software capable of downsampling. It comes in a freeware version and a pro version. I would suggest you try out the freeware version first. Once you have your 16bit WAV files, simply convert them to MP3 using your favourite conversion software.

Fraz

[TOS #14/pointless] From: Vinyl rip to mp3

Reply #1
Why on earth would you go through all of that? LAME accepts 24 bit int data and immediately converts to float for all remaining calculations. No downsampling necessary.