Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tags are not read (Read 2422 times) previous topic - next topic

Tags are not read

Hello,

I'm a new user of foobar. I use it at work on French Windows 2000. No problems there.
But at home (Windows 2000 Japanese), I installed the same foobar RC16, and today RC17.

No tags are read. With "show file info" or in the playlist, standard tags are ignored, whereas they are present with any other MP3 Player/tag editor.
the only tag "visible" by foobar are MP3Gain ones.

what's the problem ? and the solution ?

Tags are not read

Reply #1
probably because apeV2 tags wriiten by mp3gain are given priority over id3v1 tags, (since foobar 0.7 all other tags after first one read are ignored)

use case's tag www.ca5e.tk to convert your tags.

e.g. tag --force apev2 --force id3 --recursive *.mp3

should
-> convert id3v2/lyrics3v2/id3v1 to apev2 in that priority
-> remove lyrics3v2, leave id3v2 tags alone, add id3v1 and apev2 on all files
-> perform operations on all mp3s through sub-directories

double check the comand line first though, its been a while since i used tag. use --test totest it first.

Tags are not read

Reply #2
Tag priority was the same in 0.6, but inputs could not control the order in which tag readers were called, or limit exactly which readers were called.