Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI not displaying lyrics from FLAC files (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI not displaying lyrics from FLAC files

I have a panel designed to show lyrics from the lyrics tag in all my files, but the panel refuses to show lyrics from FLAC files, only showing them from MP3's.
The tag is exactly the same in both file types. Been using this layout for many years now. Did not notice this problem until now because I used to only tag MP3 files with lyrics.

https://imgur.com/a/24Yt7of

Re: Columns UI not displaying lyrics from FLAC files

Reply #1
Does this happen when you set 'Displayed track' to 'Playing item' when right-clicking on Items details and one of the FLAC files is playing?

Reply #2
Playing Item is the only option I use with the panel. That's what I was using in my screenshots.

Reply #3
You're right, the lyrics field is not available for playing FLAC tracks while it is for MP3s. That would be a question for @Peter as it's not something in the Columns UI code doing that (and it affects all now-playing contexts).