Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 439601 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #150
Thx Andrew for this plugin. I'm impressed 
Mr E

foo_scheduler

Reply #151
Andrew, I have found a bug/feature - if I set the scheduler to shut down my computer, it won't do that if the workstation is locked (what happens in 10 min. of inactivity). I have checked that several times, and when the workstation ain't locked, everything is OK. Is it possible to shut down a locked station? If I use "shutdown -s -t 1200" command, for instance, it does shutdown the system.

Also, is it possible to see whether an action has been actually activated?

Anyway, thanks for cool plug-in!

foo_scheduler

Reply #152
Hello, very nice plugin.

I have a small request: could you add an action to open files?
ie. Add action > Open File... > C:\playlist.m3u or something similar. Thanks!

foo_scheduler

Reply #153
thanks for the great plugin 
add the "Force Shutdown" and "Run Program" function will be nice 

foo_scheduler

Reply #154
Great plugin, it's the one foobar plugin that I definitely couldn't go without. 

One request, however: a "save active playlist" action would be amazing.

foo_scheduler

Reply #155
Also, is it possible to see whether an action has been actually activated?
Yes, this would be nice. For instance, I schedule an action to rescan the library at a certain time every day. But sometimes my brother will turn off the computer before rescan is performed. If there is a field like "Last run", I can easily see whether rescan has been performed or not.

foo_scheduler

Reply #156

+1

me too!

foo_scheduler

Reply #157
Hi. I have a problem with the the component. I've set it as an alarm, to ramp up the volume and switch playlists at 7AM, and wake me up, and another one to stop playback at 2AM, when I'm already asleep(computer works all night long). Beforehand, I've tested it and all of the alarms set off. But then when it actually had to work, it didn't, since I woke up at 8AM, and the player was still playing, meaning that neither of the two alarms set off. I've also _checked_ the "Wake up from hibernate/standby" though as far as I know, my computer does not go into either mode at night.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Issue resolved. I should pay more attention to stuff.

foo_scheduler

Reply #158
Can someone upload the first "series" of this plug-in, before the GUI change. The thing is that I think that when I switched the old config settings remained so now my computer shutdown every sunday night at 00:00
I just like listening to music

foo_scheduler

Reply #159
remove the plugin, and start foobar. It will ask you whether you want to keep the settings of that plugin. Be sure to click no. Afterwards copy the foobar again into the plugins directory and you should be free to go.

foo_scheduler

Reply #160
Sweet plugin so far, but I'm missing a simple feature: Add Action > Pause/Unpause. With the current implementation there's no way to start playback in the middle of a track, which is exactly what you want when you're listening to audiobooks etc. Without knowing anything about plugin development, I'd guess this should be easy enough to implement? Any chance?

foo_scheduler

Reply #161
This is a very useful awesome plugin, but I really don't like how there is no way to tell if the plugin is running or not. Can a visible panel be added that gives the option of starting or stopping the scheduled events and also showing the time remaining on a scheduled event. I make a sleep timer to shut my music off an hr after I go to sleep, but I have no idea if it is actually running or how far it is into the timer.

Thanks,
Josh

foo_scheduler

Reply #162
Feature request:
  • Action that runs an external program
Why do I need this?

I'd like to play a radio station in the morning, but for this the computer must be connected to the internet. On the campus where I live, we need to connect to a VPN to access the internet: I'd set up scheduler to run a script that does this.

foo_scheduler

Reply #164
Feature request: An action to turn off "Stop after current" ... I think you understand why.

foo_scheduler

Reply #165
Bug report:

If I use foo_scheduler for both turning off the computer (using the Hibernate event) and turning it on in the morning (using the Wake up from hibernate/stand-by option), the computer's clock remains stuck at the turn-off time. For example, if it hibernates at 1.00 and wakes up at 1.30, the clock will still show 1.00 at the wake-up time.

This happens only when both shutdown and wake-up are automated. If I turn the machine off manually or don't set a wake-up event, then the problem does not occur.

Could someone test this?

EDIT: Workaround posted here. You need to set a few minutes of delay before hibernation.

foo_scheduler

Reply #166
Bump ... could someone please test this on their computer?

Steps to reproduce the bug:
  • Set an event that hibernates the computer at time x (with x being a convenient time so you don't have to wait very long.)
  • Set another event that starts playback at time x + 5 minutes. Check the Wake up from Hibernate/Standby option.
  • Wait for your computer to hibernate, then wait for it to wake up and check the computer's clock.
The clock should show x+5 minutes, but on my computer it shows x (i.e. the turn-off time).

Please tell me that this is not a problem with my hardware ...

foo_scheduler

Reply #167
Bump ... could someone please test this on their computer?

Steps to reproduce the bug:
  • Set an event that hibernates the computer at time x (with x being a convenient time so you don't have to wait very long.)
  • Set another event that starts playback at time x + 5 minutes. Check the Wake up from Hibernate/Standby option.
  • Wait for your computer to hibernate, then wait for it to wake up and check the computer's clock.
The clock should show x+5 minutes, but on my computer it shows x (i.e. the turn-off time).

Please tell me that this is not a problem with my hardware ...

Unable to reproduce. Time is correct.

foo_scheduler

Reply #168

Hey andrew, any chance of this making the next version?

foo_scheduler

Reply #170
Good work,but still have incomplete option "add timer".
For example: I want to shutdown my PC after 30 min.Every time I must set up the timer with the clock.It's a so dull.Will be great if the timer is INDEPENDENT without set up the clock,just shutdown after 30,60 or 90min, like the sheduler of v0.83

It's only my opinion!

foo_scheduler

Reply #171
Good work,but still have incomplete option "add timer".
For example: I want to shutdown my PC after 30 min.Every time I must set up the timer with the clock.It's a so dull.Will be great if the timer is INDEPENDENT without set up the clock,just shutdown after 30,60 or 90min, like the sheduler of v0.83

It's only my opinion!

Create an action list with a desired delay and a shutdown action. Then create a menu item event and assign the action list to it. Now if you want to shutdown in several minutes just use "File/Trigger scheduler event/<your menu item>" menu item. Please read the whole topic before posting requests...

foo_scheduler

Reply #172
andrew

it is possible to add option to run command line ?

if possible, this can execute all foobar commands and more...

thank you
Music is my first love.

foo_scheduler

Reply #173
it is possible to add option to run command line ?
I'd also like to see this option very much. I need to run a script to connect to the internet (that's how it works in the student hostel), so at the moment I cannot set foobar to play an internet radio station right after turning on the computer (because the connection is dropped when it is turned off).

foo_scheduler

Reply #174
Minor, but...

Andrew, I hope you can edit the first post so that the next time I know when a certain version of Scheduler was released; I keep re-downloading the latest version, heh