Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to rip and work with Blu-Ray audio (Read 3445 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to rip and work with Blu-Ray audio

If I get a Blu-Ray drive, does anyone have reported success ripping the uncompressed audio track?  If so, what tools will do the trick?

Reply #1
Software has been released for decrypting Bluray disks.  I suggest Doom9 or google.

Reply #2
Software has been released for decrypting Bluray disks.  I suggest Doom9 or google.

Tried Google and assumed Doom9 would focus on ripping video.  I just want an audio rip from the Blu-Ray.  And my understanding is that it's uncompressed multi-channel on many of those discs.  I also wondered what format the ripped file would end up as and what tool can be used to mix it down.

Reply #3
If you can rip the video, you have to be able to rip the audio with it or else you'd end up with a silent film, no? At this point in time I think you'd need to rip the whole disc and then demux the audio track somehow. I think I've seen some software popping up in the doom9 forums that could do that, although I wasn't paying much attention (not having such hardware to play with myself just yet) so I could be mistaken. Also any tools floating around at this point I'd assume would be quite raw and would take some technical expertise to get working right. The days till we have something as simple as EAC for this sort of task I imagine are quite a ways away from being written.