Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer (Read 380566 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer

Reply #50
thanks for the fast reply.

In  0.01 it took about 1-2 seconds to open the music directory.
if this check you described is the only difference in reading the directories between 0.01 and later builds can you make this optional  for the time being until a better way is found?

Amit.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301501"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, please try the latest 0.03a4 (optimized), I hope this will help you.
If this is still as slow as before, I will consider to add an option to provide a pure directory tree.

Note this version has a new option "force items sorted", since in most cases we do not need to sort the files. (The FindFile API seems finds files in sorted order. This will save a little time.)
But there are some people reported that in their computers the files were not sorted.
It is why there is such an option.

Reply #51
edit: whoops, nevermind.  Found the preferences and everything is working now (I feel like a moron).

Reply #52
i checked  the optimized version.
when i choose not to see any files in tree it loads lot faster than before : about 3 seconds.
as i am actually using the only folders tree can u optimize it a little more  by adding the option for a pure folder tree?

Thanks,

Amit.

Reply #53
JackieKu, thank you again ! This plugin has almost everything I need now. Excellent work 

Reply #55
yong, confirmed - i've seen similar thing - actually showing some random filename ...

JackieKu, i like your panel a lot! though i have few requests:

1) background processing (using thread for it) for file system operations
2) option to show other files as well, not just playable ones. i would like to see nfo files for example. and it would be even better if i could assign filters to shortcuts (so doubleclick on nfo would open it using associated application, but doubleclick on playable files would add them to playlist)
3) i would like to have "show content in 'explorer view' playlist and play" action

Reply #56
Now im using the 0.03a4,
a bug was found,
when i assign a command to keyboard shortcut without pressing anything,
the shortcut window will display wired unicode character.

http://img285.echo.cx/my.php?image=fb2k2tm.png
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301648"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's strange, in my computer it just show a blank field.
But this is really a bug, I will fix it.
Thank for your report.

yong, confirmed - i've seen similar thing - actually showing some random filename ...

JackieKu, i like your panel a lot! though i have few requests:

1) background processing (using thread for it) for file system operations
2) option to show other files as well, not just playable ones. i would like to see nfo files for example. and it would be even better if i could assign filters to shortcuts (so doubleclick on nfo would open it using associated application, but doubleclick on playable files would add them to playlist)
3) i would like to have "show content in 'explorer view' playlist and play" action
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301705"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1)
Do you mean the operations of construct the tree?
Or send a playlist to foobar2000?
If the answer is the former, I am sorry I can not do this for technical reason, since I don't have the skill to write a multi-thread program. (I am not a professional programmer. In fact I am a student. )
If the answer is the latter, I think there is no API in fb2k SDK can do such things.

2)
This can be implemented, but I think this is not a good idea.
(remember fb2k is an audio player....)
I am working with custom commands and favorites, when everthing is done, maybe I will add this option.

3)
Ok, you will see it in 0.03. (final)

Reply #57
JackieKu, when selecting a default folder for startup or the latest one the folder is only highlighted but not opened. can you change it?

Amit.

EDIT : i have found already the option for it the the option window so ignore this

Reply #58
I've been wanting a panel like this for a "long...................." time........thx

Reply #59
Nice component. Good work, thanks!
Request: Menu option for "Window frame style: (None / Sunken / Grey)"

Ok, it will be added.

Edit:
It seems that Windows draw a black frame instead of a grey frame in the tree controls.
But sunken frame is fine.

Actually sunken is the way it's supposed to be anyway (in accordance with Windows look & feel standards). So everything's fine, as far as this is concerned.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #60
Is this compatible with foobar 0.9 beta yet?

Reply #61
Is this compatible with foobar 0.9 beta yet?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From the [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34215&view=findpost&p=299528]first post[/url] in the 0.9 beta announcement thread:
An SDK will be released to the public after foobar2000 v0.9 goes final.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299528"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #62
JackieKu, I dont know if it is possible to add an option of optionally specifying a default playlist for actions like replace playlist, add to playlist...when associating with mouse and keyboard ? Basically I only have two playlist, "Explorer" and "Playing", and here is how I would like to work with them :
- Double click to preview the content of a folder in the "Exlorer" playlist .
- If I'm happy with it, I can mid-click to replace the content of the "Playing" playlist with the content of the folder.
The first step can be accomplished now by associating double-click with "Show content in Explorer View playlist" ( even though being able to customize the name Explorer View  would be better  ). For the second step I can associate mid-click with the action "Replace...". However, before mid-clicking, I have to activate the "Playing" playlist first. It's not a very big deal but still, not "perfectly" convenient  . That's only feature that I missed from foo_playlist_tree. Otherwise your plugin has everything I need now and thank you a lot for it !

Reply #63
Feature request:

Prevent files with excluded extensions (using "Show all playable files except for...") from being added to the playlist when you click on a folder and select "add to playlist".

Thanks again!

Reply #64
Really nice component. thanks. 

request: Minimum height (like foo_uie_albumlist).

Reply #65
Option to delete original files after transcoding them

Reply #66
Feature request:

Show favorites as expandable "root folders", like the drives.

For example:
Code: [Select]
+ Local Disc (C:)
+ Data (D:)
+ CD-drive (F:)
+ Favorite folder #1
+ Favorite folder #2
+ etc.

Reply #67
Feature request:

Prevent files with excluded extensions (using "Show all playable files except for...") from being added to the playlist when you click on a folder and select "add to playlist".

Thanks again!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=302220"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This might be added when the 0.3 final is released.

Really nice component. thanks.  

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=302368"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Edit: This feature might be added some day.

Option to delete original files after transcoding them
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=302386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

???
I don't know what does the "transcoding" mean. Since I think this panel doesn't transcode anything.

Feature request:

Show favorites as expandable "root folders", like the drives.

For example:
Code: [Select]
+ Local Disc (C:)
+ Data (D:)
+ CD-drive (F:)
+ Favorite folder #1
+ Favorite folder #2
+ etc.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=302398"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This feature is requested by someone, I'd like to do so.
But this will cause a problem when select a path from address bar, favorites, or startup.
Since the program doesn't know which one should select.

Anyway, I will study how to implement this function.

Reply #68

Would be very nice! 
But many thanks for your work, till now! It [span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%']looks[/span] (Post #977) so great and works without problems here! 

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #69
JackieKu, this has been long waited for. It is a brilliant plugin. One thing: Is it possible to change the tree width so that the expanded tree takes less space...

Also, an option like "Add to default playlist (and play)" would be helpful. I mean the playlist which is activated when double clicking in windows explorer, the one that is set in foobar... With this playlist usually its no problem if we screw it... whereas in the others it could be a pain in the ass, if "replace" has been chosen by accident...

Reply #70
Great plugin, I really like it!
But perhaps you could make it so that the explorer ONLY displays those folders that are in your favorites, so that one does not get bogged down with unnecessary stuff? For example, my music is in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Base\Music -- which is like five levels right there, and although I have set that to be my default folder, it is somewhat annoying because music is all the way on the right of the pane, because there are so many different folders before it.
Another thing that would be cool is if, like foo_uie_albumlist, you could send all of the files in the currently selected directory to a temporary playlist, and then we could better view and play what's inside.
Otherwise, though, it's awsome!

Reply #71
...perhaps you could make it so that the explorer ONLY displays those folders that are in your favorites, so that one does not get bogged down with unnecessary stuff? For example, my music is in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Base\Music -- which is like five levels right there, and although I have set that to be my default folder, it is somewhat annoying because music is all the way on the right of the pane, because there are so many different folders before it.
Go to the Favorites tab, check "Show favorites as roots...." (and also hide drives you don't want shown in the Display2 tab)

...if...you could send all of the files in the currently selected directory to a temporary playlist...
Something different than if you right-click the directory and select "Create new playlist"?

Reply #72
I wasn't aware of the "show favorites as roots" feature, sorry.
What I meant about the temporary playlist is that when you select a new category in foo_uie_albumlist, it sends it to a temporary playlist automatically, the second you select it. It makes it a bit easier to view the songs in a category, as the playlist window is significantly larger than the albumlist sidebar-thingy. I guess it's not necessary, though.

Reply #73
What I meant about the temporary playlist is that when you select a new category in foo_uie_albumlist, it sends it to a temporary playlist automatically, the second you select it.
Oh, now I see. Yes, a default playlist would be great! (Along with "Add-to/Replace default playlist" options in the context menu and Actions tab...)

Reply #74
fantastic plugin indeed...

now that i have it looking and working the way it should

can i also make a request that if i have a main music directory it only shows that directory and what ever is inside it if i want

ie like u have hide the other drives but only show one folder for example?