Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: best android phone for listening music with external memory support upto 500 gb (Read 13908 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: best android phone for listening music with external memory support upto 500 gb

Reply #50
Don't over analyze this...  You will need to replace the phone and SD card every 2-3 years, based on my experience.
JXL

Re: best android phone for listening music with external memory support upto 500 gb

Reply #51
I'd get Redmi 4A - Notes are fairly large and more expensive.
It comes with OTG, so you can fire up say UAPP and use external DAC with it.
Xiaomi phones usually tops up at 0.55Vrms, not quite compelling value for full sized high-impedance headphones, likely due to EU volume limits.

However I'd advise going the Rockbox route, if you could get your hands on say Clip+ or Zip - I don't think anything for Android can match RB - even the most basic functions like transport controls are often not so well implemented in Android offerings (no Stop button, go to specific time, or Hanning FFT displays). Plus both Sansa DAPs have really good specs in terms of audio.

Also if you're aiming at 10 years of service life - I don't think phones can achieve that in regular use. Moisture and condensation being the issue here - after 5 years you're looking at systemboard-wide solder contamination if you take the device anywhere with you. Devices with IP67 certification could be exempt from this, but then the digitizer layer has limited lifespan too, completely glossing over the fact that you'd have to change the battery every so often (like 2-3 years).
In any case, your phone would be on life support after those 10 years (sic) if it survives.

Low-tech music devices (Panasonic portable CD players) are usually more rugged to withstand years of service, if you don't mind replacing the belt and oiling the reading head (but then who uses those :D [except for yours truly])

Just my 2c

What does rockbox mean and is there any Android app for that.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Reply #52
Lots of new high end phones like most Samsung phones after the S5 lack the internal slot.
S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ all have microSD slots,

Correct. I mistakenly thought that since the s6 made the SD slot go away, it stayed away. Thanks for clarifying this.

Reply #53
What does rockbox mean and is there any Android app for that.

A custom firmware for various media players. I still have a Rockboxed Sansa Clip+.

Reply #54
I heard about sound mods like Dolby digital plus etc., which maximize sound quality and so please suggest about those. Is it possible to install at a time two to three sound mods at a time.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Reply #55
I heard about sound mods like Dolby digital plus etc., which maximize sound quality and so please suggest about those. Is it possible to install at a time two to three sound mods at a time.

Dolby Digital Plus is a lossy codec usually used on Blu-Ray for (not necessarily) multi-channel soundtracks?

You asked about an Android phone with 500GB+ of storage so what does Dolby Digital Plus have to do with that? Keep your own topic on track and you'll get better answers. To be fair I think your OP has already been answered. If you have questions about plugins for audio players ask in the relevant forum.