Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Power Hour (Read 4560 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Hour

After doing a little research I found no recent plugin designed for a drinking game called a power hour.

For those who dont know, a power hour goes like this:

1 hour
60 Songs
60 Seconds played per song
Song changes every minute for one hour
Players consume 1 shot of beer after every song change.

Anyways it's a very fun game to play with friends, and a good way to start up the night. Winamp offers a nice plugin... but i use foobar now 

The other plugin allowed a song to start at a random interval inserted by the user (ex. between 10 and 30 secconds) to avoid annoying intros, so that functionality would be nice.  Also a player add/remove list that calculates your BAC level as you drink (by proof and weight)

Just putting in a little request because i've looked everywhere for a foobar based solution, and i'll go crazy if i have to use the iTunes based iPowerHour.

Power Hour

Reply #1
Wow!

Ever once and awhile, when I am not diligently watching from all directions, something slips through and I feel old. <g>

Not to worry OP, I am pretty sure Peter is working on this.

terry

joking, of course

Power Hour

Reply #2
Actually there IS a plugin that does this! It's called foo_preview, and will play every song from a specified percentage into the song, during a specified percentage or seconds.

All you need to add is a playlist with 60 songs, and manually turn it on/off
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Power Hour

Reply #3
sounds awesome! jajaja, foo_drinking_games

Power Hour

Reply #4
Awesome! I'll try out the foo_preview

Update: found the config menu in prefs.  Works beautifully thank you!