Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Controlling Converter temp & source dir (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

Controlling Converter temp & source dir

[using 0.92beta5]

As far as I can tell, the only two special parameters available are %s (for the source temp wav file) and %d (for the final filename).

%s is fully qualified, and %d is not.

Are any other parameters available?  That is, other file params, not %artist% and the like.

I am trying to do automatic cover art tagging, so that the script I use can add folder.jpg in the source folder to the file after it has been converted (to MP3 or AAC or whatever).

Also, to improve speed, I'd *REALLY* like to have control over the %s location.  I'd like to have it setup on a RAM drive.  Probably every 12 months or so I want to run a huge batch job and convert the 40K or so lossless tracks over, and doing this on a single disk causes so pretty painful thrashing.  For clarity, I am talking about really doing this over three separate drives: the source drive, a temp (RAM) drive, and the destination drive.  In the case where the wav file is actually just piped to the encoder, then this is less important *but* I have yet to find out how to pipe to an encoder (such as with builtin Nero) and THEN chain to an additional command.  It appears that there are only two ways to convert: internally with a pipe, but you only get that one 'command', or via commandline in which case you must use temp wav files.

So, in order, I am looking for:
1) The true source directory of the original file, not the temp wav file.
2) Ability to control a working temp location.
3) Ideally both the fully-qualified source path as well as the source folder, so that I am not forced to parse the folder name from the fully-qualified source filename.  I can do it, but would be easier.

Thoughts?  Anyone have more complicated scripts to do this sort of thing?  If I at least
+Reardon