Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 330992 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #601
what a pity!

So kinda off-topic, but do you have any other recommendations about playlist UI component, which is customizable, and most important, with the killing feature EsPlaylist has, to specify a playlist to show? DUI is preferable.

Reply #602
Is it possible that when we are scrolling in album art mode like this :

When we double click on Donato Dozzy album for example, to not open in tracklist like this :

I would like that it stays in Covert Art mode....

Reply #603
shortly: I need this to NOT add the songs to the playback queue

I'm using two esplaylists panels. One of them following the now playing playlist and the other one for a recent added albuns autoplaylist visualization. And also an album list panel for the complete library.
When i double-click (or press enter) so i can listen to an album on the recent added playlist, it plays it, but it also adds it to the playback queue, which becomes a problem when i decide i want to listen something else and try to play someting from the album list panel. Instead of playing and sending it to the default playlist (as it does otherwise) it just plays the next queued track.

Any way of solving this?
Thanks

Reply #604
Is it possible that when we are scrolling in album art mode like this :

When we double click on Donato Dozzy album for example, to not open in tracklist like this :

I would like that it stays in Covert Art mode....

You cannot prevent this behavior, only modify it.

Go to Preferences > Tools > EsPlaylist > Behaviour tab. In the "Browse playlist action" section, tick the box next to Open/close group with middle click instead of double click. Now double-clicking will engage playback instead of opening the group.

Another workaround is to press Enter to engage playback after selecting the group i.e. album.

shortly: I need this to NOT add the songs to the playback queue
Any way of solving this?
Thanks

The behavior cannot be changed, but it's simple to prevent. Do not engage playback on a group. Open the group to the track listing (or use the flat view instead of the layered view) and engage playback on a track (note that engaging playback on a group header instead of a track will still cause the playback queue to be used). Playback will now use the playlist instead of using the playback queue.

edited for further clarification

Reply #605
I use the latest version of EsPlaylist. Every time when i go to any playlist, album art covers load very very slowly. Anyone have this issue?

Reply #606
A simple question that I somehow can't seem to answer myself...how do I remove the column headers? Unticking the option in Columns UI > Playlist View doesn't work... Also, where do I change what info is displayed in the album art playlist?

Reply #607
A simple question that I somehow can't seem to answer myself...how do I remove the column headers? Unticking the option in Columns UI > Playlist View doesn't work... Also, where do I change what info is displayed in the album art playlist?

right-click > options > appearance > show column header

Reply #608
Thanks, that was probably harder to find than it should have been...One last question, how do I change the content of the album title field? (See here: http://imgur.com/zuPNZlj)

Reply #609
how do I change the content of the album title field?

Preferences > Tools > EsPlaylist > Grouping tab
  • select the grouping Preset
  • select the Preset setting
  • click Edit button
  • change Title field
  • OK, Apply

Reply #610
Perfect, thanks!

Reply #611
Preferences > Tools > EsPlaylist > Grouping tab
  • select the grouping Preset
  • select the Preset setting
  • click Edit button
  • change Title field
  • OK, Apply

From yesterday I'm searching for this information!
But, I do not understand exactly how to change.
I my Preset I have Artist/Album.
When editing there is the same code for  Grouping and Title :
Code: [Select]
$if2(%album artist%,...)

Which field can be changed?
And below there is "Side Info". What is it ?
Sorry, I did not find any tutorial for EsPlaylist

Reply #612
Which field can be changed?

either/both. when using other playlist views, you're forced to group by whatever is displayed. with this, you can customise the grouping code independently of what is displayed in the title (group header).

side info is only shown when groups are collapsed  - useful when it's set to browse your library instead of a playlist.

Reply #613
Thanks Marc2003. I start to understand
Under Artist/Album I also have
Code: [Select]
[%date% - ]$if2(%album%,...)[ '('CD%discnumber%')']

I unchecked it, removed [%date%] because I don't like when the date is shown with album title, but the date is still there :-(

Reply #614
Hi
Have one problem with ES playlist build-in search and i hope i can find some help here. I'm using "Hide non-focused groups" to have only active playlist and use cover-flow to switch them but found that i can search only in active playlist. When i disable "Hide non-focused groups" i can search fine in entire playlist but i got long list of all albums/tracks that i dont want to see. Can this be somehow changed and allow to search in entire playlist while displaying only focused one?

Reply #616
Somehow I'm not able to type Space when searching in ESPlaylist any more... I've always been able to do this before... What could be wrong?

Reply #617
space works for me but other keys are "broken". i can't use backspace/del or move left/right with the cursor keys. maybe it's because i'm stuck on bloody XP.

Reply #618
Well, maybe those keys are not supposed to work, since some of them interact with ESPlaylist instead, like left / right. and there is no marker to move eater.

But so strange about my Space key... I'm absolutely certain it have worked before...

Reply #619
Somehow I managed to find an older foobar2000 portable folder that I had backuped. In this, Space worked as it should. So, I then imported all the important things from my current folder to this backuped one, and decided to go with this one instead.

After all fixing, Space and the rest worked out as it should. I may never know what happened to that ESPlaylist, but now my situation is solved at least. But strange it was.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up marc2003. It's always good to know other people's experiences as well.

Reply #620
Hi all,

i heard it was possible to use EsPlaylist both as a Library browser and as a playlist viewer.
So that in foobar i would have two "instances" of EsPlaylist.

Do you know how to do that? I'm using the Default User Interface (DUI).

Cheers,

Adrien

Reply #621
Hi all,

i heard it was possible to use EsPlaylist both as a Library browser and as a playlist viewer.
So that in foobar i would have two "instances" of EsPlaylist.

Do you know how to do that? I'm using the Default User Interface (DUI).

Cheers,

Adrien

In DUI it's easy to create a test layout with a scratchbox. The one thing that is kind of annoying with that method is right click options. They will not work because it's the same thing scratchbox uses to edit the elements. So, if for example, you wanted to have two instances of EsPlaylist side by side to note the various options with a right click you're only going to bring up the scratchbox edit menu.

Sometimes it's just easier to create a portable install and use layout editing mode. That way you can place things and un-tick the mode and get to the elements right click options. In EsPlaylists case, there are several near the top of the menu that can alter how it looks and behaves. Further options are located in preferences that can change what happens with a double click, etc.

Reply #622
I'm using EsPlaylist as a library viewer with artist images, together with ELPlaylist to view selection. It works brilliant the way I have got it set up, fits my needs. And looks pretty much the way I want it.

Only thing bugging me is that EsPlaylist visibly loads the artist images every time I have a fresh startup. At least after a computer reebot. This is only done for currently visible artists and is somewhat slow. It has options to expand the cache, so it clearly caches the images. Is it possible to set/force it to load all the images directly on startup, so I don't get slow loading images when browsing? The way I do it now is slowly scroll through the entire list, but it is very inconvenient. Once all have been "read" once they seem to be loaded into the memory. And memory isn't an issue, I have 16 gigs physical.

Also seems ELPlaylist have gotten slower with loading its cover art. Used to be instant, now there is a slight delay.

Any help with this?

Current look:

Reply #623
Is it possible to set/force it to load all the images directly on startup, so I don't get slow loading images when browsing?

given you haven't found the option to enable it, i think it's fair to say it doesn't exist.

Reply #624
given you haven't found the option to enable it, i think it's fair to say it doesn't exist.

Figures. That would have been too convenient and useful.... Considering how outdated or limited support everything I seem to need to make foobar2k both technically useful (bit-perfect WASAPI) and aesthetically pleasing (Es/ELPlaylist etc) is I might just give up and try something else. Still very few options with real WASAPI support out there though. Hard to be a HiFi nerd living in the digital era, since ALL software is just made for the masses who could not care less about sound quality. iTunes was almost attractive if it wasn't for the fact that the "WASAPI" they support is fake, and locks sample rate, and still has the mixer active. And the latest release made the store more focused than the library, so that is now off the list.

jRiver, next to ry for a while. That seems to have the support I need, and more extensive options for configuring WASAPI. Such as silence/fade options to remove pops/clicks that foobar's WASAPI has some issues with when starting a new track. Also seems to handle cached art better. I know it's a completely different thing than foobar2k, but I'm only looking for a good music library player with bit-perfect playback. And some decent cover/artist art viewer. The rest I can adapt to (probably).