Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: External USB cd drive for accurate intensive ripping (Read 3781 times) previous topic - next topic

External USB cd drive for accurate intensive ripping

I need an external drive USB 2 to use with EAC, possibly to achieve 100% accuracy and long lasting duration, as I would like to rip hundreds audio CDs without spending my life ripping at 0.8x !!!!!

Any advice?

Reply #1
Just buy any drive and put it in an external USB case. Worked well for me, no problems whatsoever...

Reply #2
What drive/enclosure did you purchase?

Reply #3
You might have trouble getting C2 error information transferred over the ATA-to-USB bridge. (Don't know which ones work though, I use a Firewire device or internal.)

Reply #4
You might have trouble getting C2 error information transferred over the ATA-to-USB bridge. (Don't know which ones work though, I use a Firewire device or internal.)

I've got a firewire port on my notebook..... any suggestion for the drive / enclosure combo?

Reply #5
I don't see any firewire enclosures for 5 1/4. How about eSATA? Does anyone know how that handles C2?

Reply #6
eSATA passes C2 in all cases that I am aware (as long as is native SATA, not a USB >> eSATA).

Reply #7
Blutarsky: I didn't mean to recommend using firewire, sorry for being unclear. (I use firewire because the device forced me to, not because it is a good interface.)

eSATA is probably a good idea yes.