Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Archiving to Second External Hard Drive (Read 3011 times) previous topic - next topic

Archiving to Second External Hard Drive

Hi Everyone.

I archive my FLACs to an external 200gb Hard Drive.I use windows XP so the Hard Drive did not need installing and just plugs into a USB slot when needed.

I've nearly filled this up.I want to add a 2nd External Harddrive.Will I be able to just plug it into the same USB socket as I do with the first without causing any conflicts or errors(Obviously not at the same time!!!!)

My computer HDD ic C.The External has four paritions D,E,F,G.When I add the next one will it recognise this as also D,E(as I only plan 2 partitions)or will it be recognised as H,I.

Cheers,
ian

Reply #1
correct ... no problem, same drives

Reply #2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230627"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry don't quite understand will it be recognized as H,I or D,E(as the 1st one)

And does it matter connecting one then the other to the same USB alternately?

Reply #3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230627"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry don't quite understand will it be recognized as H,I or D,E(as the 1st one)

And does it matter connecting one then the other to the same USB alternately?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=230632"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Where ever the new drive with the two partitions comes up, you can use Windows XP logical disk manager service to assign whatever drive letters you like to the two new partitions.  Right-click on "My Computer", select "Manage" and then clik on "Disk Management".  Then right-click on one of the new partitions and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths" and then "Change".  You'll be able to assign the drive letters of your choice there.

Reply #4
Otherwise it should be recognized as D, E