Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: History plugin (Read 126029 times) previous topic - next topic

History plugin

Reply #25
nevermind, it's dropped already when reopening the History window (at least the version I have does this)

Yeah that's what happens here..

History plugin

Reply #26
Great work!  If you added an "add to selection to history" hotkey and allowed files to be moved around within the history, this would be the plugin of my dreams. :) (admittedly, that would be a bit more than a 'history' plugin, but imho it would sooo handy)

I would like to keep the history plugin as simple as possible. What you request would turn it into some kind of alternative playlist editor, which should be in a different plugin imho. It should probably be called "edit list" or "archive list", and the fb playlist would only be used to determine the songs which are to be played and their order (thus truly being a PLAYlist).

I can't reproduce the mouse wheel thing. :blink:

Regarding the mousewheel, are you able to scroll in the main playlist at all when the history window is open?

And I understand your desire to keep the plugin simple, it just seems like a small step to make it really sweet.

The font resets for me too, btw.

stripe/ben

History plugin

Reply #27
Fixed the font issue. You can now download the corrected version.

Regarding the mousewheel, are you able to scroll in the main playlist at all when the history window is open?

Yes.

And I understand your desire to keep the plugin simple, it just seems like a small step to make it really sweet.

A small step perhaps, but not a small change in the code. What you imagine
1) isn't what I consider a "browser like" history, and
2) would therefore require a completely different design.

I have more important things to do. Sorry.

History plugin

Reply #28
foo_history 0.4 for foobar 0.7

Only minor changes, no new functionality.

@mods: Please move this thread to the 3rd party forum. Thanks.

History plugin

Reply #29
- "Next in history" will no longer act as "Next/Random", when the end of the history is reached.

I would like to see this functionality again. Now I have to assign <insert your "next" button here> to foobar's next/random instead of "next in history" which makes half of the plugin useless for me, as I can browse history only backwards. Could you somehow add the old behaviour back, please?

History plugin

Reply #30
- "Next in history" will no longer act as "Next/Random", when the end of the history is reached.

I would like to see this functionality again. Now I have to assign <insert your "next" button here> to foobar's next/random instead of "next in history" which makes half of the plugin useless for me, as I can browse history only backwards. Could you somehow add the old behaviour back, please?

I'll try. I admit that the main reason for dropping this functionality was that I wanted to go to bed, and I didn't not see how to do it with the new SDK. I'll look into this some more.

History plugin

Reply #31
foo_history 0.4a

- "Next in history" behaves like "Playback/Next or Random" at the
  end of the history

History plugin

Reply #32
can you think add entry to display history windows from playback menu?
i think it is more userfull to have ALL in the same place!
Music is my first love.

History plugin

Reply #34
Since you can get Follow Curser state through legal apis now, can you sort out the follow cursor stuff (the scrolling stuff i mean) ?

History plugin

Reply #35
Since you can get Follow Curser state through legal apis now, can you sort out the follow cursor stuff ?

I'll look into that, I just didn't bother to do it until now.

History plugin

Reply #36
Thanks..

History plugin

Reply #37
Uploaded foo_history 0.4c.
[0.4c]
- when "Playback/Follow cursor" is enabled, changing the playing
  song through the history moves the cursor (and the selection)

The setting for the "Change selection when..." stuff seems not to be available through the current api. Please tell me, if you want a separate setting for this in the foo_history config.

History plugin

Reply #38
Thanks  I dont personally care about the change selection when option (i dont use it since it messes up my selections..)

edit: it doesnt seem to be working here.. on a sidenote it says 0.4b in components list but c in changelog..

History plugin

Reply #39
Thanks  I dont personally care about the change selection when option (i dont use it since it messes up my selections..)

So it's another option in the config... (in 0.4d)

edit: it doesnt seem to be working here.. on a sidenote it says 0.4b in components list but c in changelog..

Sorry for the inconvenience, my upload script was outdated  I've just uploaded the "real" 0.4c

History plugin

Reply #40

So it's another option in the config... (in 0.4d)

Ok.

Sorry for the inconvenience, my upload script was outdated  I've just uploaded the "real" 0.4c

No need to apologise  Thanks, its working fine..

History plugin

Reply #41
foo_history 0.4d
[0.4d]
2003-07-07
- upgraded to SDK version 0.7b13
- added option whether the selection is changed when switching to
  another song through the history (default: off)

History plugin

Reply #42
I'm new to this plugin and I think it's nice, but:
Why does it erase the the history when you pick a song in the history list and play it to the end. Everything you have listend to (previously) after that song is removed, before the playback continue in the foobar playlist where you left off before "traveling back in time".
Did this explanation make sense at all?
Anyway, I can understand this as a feature, but not as a default behaviour.

Btw: Any plans for supporting formatting like in foobar's playlist? Colors matching the main window would make it alot nicer to look at, and easier to read.

edit: I would like the option to leave the history as is, or add the song once more to the history. Then it would be like a history and not a time travel to undo you past mistakes (like listening to too many backstreet boys songs in a row...) 

I read that you would like to keep it simple, so it's all up to you. 

History plugin

Reply #43
I'm new to this plugin and I think it's nice, but:
Why does it erase the the history when you pick a song in the history list and play it to the end. Everything you have listend to (previously) after that song is removed, before the playback continue in the foobar playlist where you left off before "traveling back in time".
Did this explanation make sense at all?
Anyway, I can understand this as a feature, but not as a default behaviour.

The problem here is that there is no "auto-forward" after a song from the history ends. Since previous versions of foobar did not allow for plugins to determine which song should be played next after the current one ends, the plugin behaves like a browser would when you went back and then clicked on a different link. I am still not sure how this could be integrated into the GUI in foobar 0.7. The problem is, that you would not want to selected "History" as your playback order, but something like "History atop Random".

Btw: Any plans for supporting formatting like in foobar's playlist? Colors matching the main window would make it alot nicer to look at, and easier to read.

Yes, definitely.

History plugin

Reply #44
foosion is being a lazy ass this weekend (), so here's an updated compile from me for now:

foo_history 0.4d for fb2k 0.7b29+ --> download here

:B
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

History plugin

Reply #45
With B31 and the latest compile of the History Plugin, $char(9) does not show correctly in the History window.

History plugin

Reply #46
did it work before? with which versions?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

History plugin

Reply #47
When quitting, the plugin did not release the meta_handles of the tracks in its list (or rather, it released them a little too late). Should be fixed now.

History plugin

Reply #48
BUG: If you go back in history and play a song, the song will be repeated once.  RC10 history 0.4.6.  This bug was not introduced in the fixed metadb compile.

History plugin

Reply #49
I don't want to double post, but this bug is still present and quite annoying.