Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1347592 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #950
Dear bubbleguuum, are you aware of crashes from foo_discogs?
My foobar has been occasionally (but often enough that I notice) just crashing for no reason, while doing nothing.
I did the online check thing, and the only component I have that came up is version 1.25 of this component, which has had multiple reports of crashing.

Just letting you know. I certainly haven't had any cases of crashes while actually using the component. I'm on foobar v1.1.1, not one of the betas.

There's only 1 crash that I know of in 1.25: when accessing a discogs release that has been deleted (on discogs.com). I'll probably release 1.26 this week-end
to just fix that bug.

The component do nothing while not active so your crashes are probably elsewhere.

foo_discogs

Reply #951
Probably a nice thing. BUT! Can you please put the available *.dll file among with a ReadMe.txt into a RAR?! I'd like to try it, but I don't know how to use the foo_discogs.dll with Foobar, and I haven't got days to read all the pages here...

foo_discogs

Reply #952
Probably a nice thing. BUT! Can you please put the available *.dll file among with a ReadMe.txt into a RAR?! I'd like to try it, but I don't know how to use the foo_discogs.dll with Foobar, and I haven't got days to read all the pages here...

Read the first post.

foo_discogs

Reply #953
hey once again I gotta problem while querying the Discogs artists DB, anyone else ?
--

foo_discogs

Reply #954
I was wondering about this for the longest time - would it be possible to enable drag & drop in the Release dialog? In case of multi disc releases it can take a lot of time to click those nasty up and down buttons

FAKE EDIT: Or some kind of filename/tag matching? The disorder is usually caused by the absence of track numbers in front of the file names.

foo_discogs

Reply #955
+1 on lordfrikk's request above.

foo_discogs

Reply #956
Having trouble too, all of a sudden. I think it was working two days ago....
SIG SPACE FOR SALE LONG TERM CONSIDER FIRST

foo_discogs

Reply #958
Only search is broken at the moment (it happened before). You can still paste release id or release URLs

foo_discogs

Reply #959
I also have problems with searching from discogs. Do you know how it can be fixed?

foo_discogs

Reply #960
O.K. The search problem is solved. I don't know how, but today it works fine!   

foo_discogs

Reply #961
Hello

bubbleguuum,

Could this plugin work also with master link URL? I am trying it but when I use master link, I get completely wrong release in the left foo_discogs window. Which code should I add so it could work also with master link URL? So for example this one:

http://www.discogs.com/Above-Beyond-Alone-...ht/master/18627

instead of:

http://www.discogs.com/Above-Beyond-Alone-.../release/636426

Somehow I must find the way to use master URLs but it doesn't seem to work.

foo_discogs

Reply #962
Somehow I must find the way to use master URLs but it doesn't seem to work.

You can't take out data from the master page, as those pages are only summaries of releases. For instance, it wouldn't make sence importing a date from the master page - it doesn't exist. Sometimes it is hard picking which release to use, but there's no way around it

It would be great to be able to pick a release as the original release (e.g. the very first release of 'Abbey Road') and then a media release which could be the cd version, for instance, from which the rip was taken. This is something that would need to be implemented all across the media player and tag info fields, and it's probably not going to happen any time soon (probably not before all media info is being accessed real time from a huge database with song fingerprinting )

foo_discogs

Reply #963
You can't take out data from the master page, as those pages are only summaries of releases. For instance, it wouldn't make sence importing a date from the master page - it doesn't exist. Sometimes it is hard picking which release to use, but there's no way around it

Thank you for reply. But when I come to master URL link, I have to, somehow, get to the release page but I don't know how. The good thing is that very often (not sure if always) if I search the classical release link with label name (publisher id3v2 tag) and catid (discogs_catalog id3v2 tag), I come directly to the release link (and not master link). But if the searching keyword consist without either label name or catid then I come to to master link. Even if I constructed the whole searching keyword (searching keyword = group of words that I search) with words from EACH (!!!) filenames' id3v2 tag (of course when it comes to searching datas filled in tags then only 5 tags are relevant: artist name, track title, album title, publisher and discogs_catalog) as well as words located in filenames but NOT in id3v2 tags (relevant ones), I still come to master link just because I don't use in the search keyword label name and catid. Now, honestly, how many times will be in the id3v2 tags those two datas filled in? For sure NOT extremly rarely.
I have tried to do some research on google how to come from master link to release link but I cannot find any relevant source. The problem is that I know nothing about computering vision subscience of computering science. So the other software cannot locate wherever on the screen anchor text of correct link in master page is located. Also I highly doubt that any php / autoit script could locate what exactly to click on master page.
The secondary 3rd party software is just picking up every single link and automatically tagging it through foo_discogs. Of course the respect is made for exact order of links that must be equal to the folders that are dragged and dropped into foobar. The primary 3rd party software has in its temporary (temporary because folders are done per one session, no need primary) database the data to which folder each link in the list belongs to. But still exact order of links is coded based on alphabetically order of foldernames by microsoft windows. The symbols always come first (the symbol ''['' before ''('' in the list of foldernames), then brackets (''(''), then numbers and after that letters based on english alphabet. I currently don't remember where foldernames in the list of folders, are located that begin with empty space but I think this isn't even possible since windows automatically removes the empty space if it is at the beginning of foldername.
So the secondary 3rd party software also drags and drops the folders into foobar so, comparing to list of links, the order is the same. But definitely here is very important subject (already implemented):
- the third 3rd party software has to create the .txt files with foldernames (one per line) that are NOT (!) finished yet - no point of tagging this, it would crash the process. This is already done and works perfectly.
Secondary software has to then eliminate from dragging and dropping all those files that have their names in .txt files, as well as already tagged folders and tracks (located in other single folder) that are not even released - no point of tagging them because no label exist. If I would like to automatically get information if any of those tracks has been released AND added to the database then I use different method - searching just those tracks (again, main priority have the relevant id3v2 tags and after that come additional names in filenames) - if links appear that means the track got released. But here I cannot switch the method back again because of several reasons:

- the track is not yet located in the folder, it is simply located in the folder with other tracks that haven't been (or still aren't) released
- i would have to create the folder, put the track that got released inside
- God knows what would be the first letter / symbol / number of this foldername so I cannot know wherever the folder would end in the list of foldernames. The idea could be that I simply run the subprocess of dragging and dropping into foobar after this happens but I don't like this idea at all.
- main reason: there is absolutelly no guarantee that this track would be the only track on new release. From this can be taken some subreasons also but they are already well known

So therefore its more safe if I do that manually instead of switching the method. Also I could cover the additional issue of the topic on master link occuring about which Im asking.
There are many details that must be covered, bigger and smaller. Some very obvious bigger ones are that from master link (and also from release link) I need to avoid format ''mixed'' - this format has no meaning in whichever method of search you do. Different syntaxes of catid, in both master link and release link can occur, but thats not the problem and shouldn't be relevant for master links. I simply cover the different situations of catid syntaxes, some examples:

abc100 = abc100
abc100 = abc0100
abc.100 = abc100
abc-100 = abc100

Dalgard I think you know what I meant with those syntaxes but of course zeros shouldn't be just removed otherwise abc100 would equal to abc1 and this is definitely not true. Also symbols cannot always be just ignored, for example abc100.05 is not the same as abc100.5 and so on.
Another issue that might appear in master link (but also in release link) are ''Not On Label'' words in label name and/or ''none'' word in catid. Logically everyone wants to avoid those situations if some other result, that matches searching keyword exsist.
Those are just few details and most of they can be covered - some are already. There are many many other features (potential issues) that should be taken care of. But now im stepping already a bit away from my main question.
Dalgard all the causes that could provide wrong link can be fixed yes but in case if case if I don't search together with label name AND catid, the master link will be provided if several releases exsist. Sad truth is that very rarely are those two sections of id3v2 tags filled.

I already know that possible solution to my question is that the link should NOT be provided (of course foldername should be instead otherwise everything would be damaged) in case IF the amount of files don't match with amount of entries (''tracklist'') on the page in release link. So far the secondary software is recording to which folder belongs which link so thats no problem. But the main issue is somewhere else - several different releases in the master link can have exactly the same amount of entries, even if constructing the searching keyword with both id3v2 tags (without publisher, discogs_catalog) AND words from filenames (but not in tags).

This issue is unsolvable, I have been doing some researches for a long time and I don't know how this could be fixed. The secondary software would still pick up the master link in collection of links made by primary software and therefore I would have crashed the whole collection 

Issue like this doesn't occur for other databases such as junodownload.

If you or anyone else could help me how to fix this please, I would appreciate a lot.

foo_discogs

Reply #964
@ Rabbit202:

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, my friend, but you are raving. If you can't describe your problem in a few lines and if I can't understand the meaning of each sentence by itself, there's a good chance you are confusing yourself an awful lot too! You are talking about a lot of things - all mixed together - yet I know neither what you are trying to achieve nor why.

The only sane way of tagging your music is by hand - one release at a time, using the Discogs plugin in foobar. Discography isn't an exact science so trying to automate this process further will bring nothing but trouble. Tagging your music involves making informed decisions at several stages, so you really need to just relax and take your time

I hope you become happy with the way you organize your collection - good luck

foo_discogs

Reply #966
Dalgard I mentoined much less than 1% of subjects that are important when it comes to building music collection. So Im definitely not talking about a lot of things as you said. I had and still have only one question. Im not trying to automate discogs only if you meant that but also other similar databases such as decks.de and triplevision etc. How those databases are connected within programming codes is another science which doesn't have much to do with my question.
You said that I should click one of the links under the tracklist of master page but could you please tell me how I do this? I don't know anything about computering vision, also php scripts cannot locate the exact link based on id3v2 tags and filenames and also (if in the filenames appear the track titles such as: untitled, loop, loops, unnamed, unknown, track x where ''x'' is numerical number) foldernames. By the way, sorry for misunderstanding. Thank you for your reply and care. I have covered a lot of many different steps (big and microscopically small) towards music collecting but this question still remains and don't know the idea through which it could be solved 

foo_discogs

Reply #967
Again, I hate to break this to you but...

1. You're definitely in the wrong forum.

2. You definitely don't know enough about programming (yet!) to be able to do what you want. Maybe you could learn, but your talk about "computering vision" seems extremely confused.

3. As I said before, you should take your mouse, go to the Discogs page and click the link. You should not try to automate this, because - as I know you have already experienced - only you can decide which particular release you want to use for your files.

foo_discogs

Reply #968
I am using discogs to get info for my CDs that I have not ripped yet, I am storing the album art in one directory with discogs config prefix %album%, is there any way to get foobar to look at that folder everytime I play a CD for the art?

foo_discogs

Reply #969
I can't seem to get album art for CDs to show up at all now, even after reinstalling & removing all folders/data, any ideas?

foo_discogs

Reply #970
I am using discogs to get info for my CDs that I have not ripped yet, I am storing the album art in one directory with discogs config prefix %album%, is there any way to get foobar to look at that folder everytime I play a CD for the art?

Worked out the answer, just added C:\albumart\%album%.jpg in Preferences>Display>Album Art, all artwork now shows up for CDs  . So nice to not have a music player using up 15% of my CPU (cough...WMP) !

foo_discogs

Reply #971
[quote name='bubbleguuum' date='Jan 8 2011, 00:18' post='738383']

Credit list: Original artist name instead of Alternative artist name.
=============================================

Hi bubbleguuum,
Discogs gives the option to maintain original artist name and alternative artist name in the credit list (E.g. Pat Benatar and P. Benatar).
Currently foobar2000 discogs plugin gives priority on alternative artist and there is not any option to force original artist name be returned even alternative artist name has been entered in the credit list .
E.g. http://www.discogs.com/Pat-Benatar-Greates.../release/903582
Pat Benatar instead of P. Benatar
Neil Giraldo instead of N. Giraldo
etc.

If I had the latest plugin source code I could change this option and rebuild. I have found so far only plugin 1.22 version source code.
Any idea?

foo_discogs

Reply #972
any chance for adding sortable columns in the search dialog filter results box and a column for the catalog #?

Right now it goes:
"album", "label", "media format", "release type", "year"

but there are several years where there is the same of everything (except for catalog numbers). This would make things SOOO much easier to search when you have an album with 50 or 75 versions you're trying to sort through (such as any U2 or Michael Jackson album).

Thanks so much!!

foo_discogs

Reply #973
I'd like to use this dll to get the album art of the album but rarely it works fine for the album art, it's "normal"??

foo_discogs

Reply #974
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to support "multi-tracks" tracks. Here's an example of what I mean by that :

http://www.discogs.com/release/2825058

several tracks are composed of 2 or more tracks which throws off the plugin. I have to manually delete the tracks and add the info by hand for it to still be coherent.

Otherwise, still loving this plugin, saved me a huge amount of time.

Thanks