Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adobe Audition 2.0 + Nero 7 + Nero mp4 codec (Read 22449 times) previous topic - next topic

Adobe Audition 2.0 + Nero 7 + Nero mp4 codec

This combo doesn't work for me. Do I need to install nero 6 for the nero mp4 filter to work with audition 2.0?

Reply #1
I don't think the Nero DirectShow filters are usable outside Nero itself.

If you want to open .mp4 files in Audition, there are plugins based on FAAD2 available.

Reply #2
Basically, I want to  be able to import and export .mp4 files in audition. Can you please tell me which plugin filter will work with audition 2.0?

Reply #3
Anyone managed to get this working? Is there a nero aac plugin for adobe audition 2 with nero 7 installed?

Reply #4
hy smsmasters.
i have searched for this. but it seems that the only solution is FAAD2.
but you won't be able to export from Audition in .mp4 (Nero codec)

Reply #5
I have Adobe Audition v2.0 (build 5306.2), Ahead Nero - Burning Rom v7.0.5.4 and filter from http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/cool_neromp4.zip
Everything works for me including decoding. Check if you made everything correctly. For example putted filter into the same folder as Audition.exe.
Also my personal thank to man behind this filter.

Reply #6
I have Adobe Audition v2.0 (build 5306.2), Ahead Nero - Burning Rom v7.0.5.4 and filter from http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/cool_neromp4.zip
Everything works for me including decoding. Check if you made everything correctly. For example putted filter into the same folder as Audition.exe.
Also my personal thank to man behind this filter.

Yes, I have copied the filter into the same folder Audition.exe. I have Ahead Nero - Burning Rom v7.2.0.3
and Adobe Audition v2.0 (build 5306.2) too. I still keep getting an error. Are you sure you don't have Nero 6 installed too?

EDIT: I found a working solution!

Download http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/cool_neromp4.zip

Extract to where Audition.exe is.

Download a Nero 6 Installer File. Extract it and copy aac.dll to where Audition.exe is.

It works!

Reply #7
Hmmm... What are you doing? If you want to use Nero's encoding routine in Audition then you don't need to install some 7th and some 6th generation at the same time. Also you don't need to put DLLs from Nero into Audition's folder. The filter above just takes the placement of the needed Nero's dlls from registry and calls them from that place. Nothing more. Well, if your mishmash works for you - good, but I have suspicion that something is wrong in your scheme. Try to encode some WAV file with latest Nero installed on your machine and then encode the same file with Audition. Decode resulting files with some decoder and compare the audio data from both decoded files to see if they're identical.

Reply #8
Hmmm... What are you doing? If you want to use Nero's encoding routine in Audition then you don't need to install some 7th and some 6th generation at the same time. Also you don't need to put DLLs from Nero into Audition's folder. The filter above just takes the placement of the needed Nero's dlls from registry and calls them from that place. Nothing more. Well, if your mishmash works for you - good, but I have suspicion that something is wrong in your scheme. Try to encode some WAV file with latest Nero installed on your machine and then encode the same file with Audition. Decode resulting files with some decoder and compare the audio data from both decoded files to see if they're identical.

Errmmm...well...I found that if you don't have nero installed, you need to place the nero dlls into adobe audtion's folder. Where else will the filter call for the nero mp4 dlls if you don't even have nero installed?