Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 688298 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #50
Also this needs to be dealt with as well please. The problem is when you have multiple sources and one of them is not there album_art shows the last good source in the list instead of continuing skipping until the next good one is found. Hope you'll get it sorted!  
Anyway, great job!

Added: Another one, bind 'first  source' as a double-click action. Now when I double click the first source shows up only for a brief moment before it switches to second source.

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']FIXED SOURCE[/span]
David, I had a look into the source myself and managed to fix all of the above issues (not the system tray one though):

in uie_albumart.cpp:
Code: [Select]
bool uie_albumart::set_image(..
 if(!file.is_empty()){
     Bitmap bmp(string_wide_from_utf8(file.get_ptr()));
     if(bmp.GetHeight()){
   img=file;
   crnsource = n; -ADDED THIS TO FIX ALBUM COVER STAYING ON;
   break;
     }
 }

I've implemented a little walk-around on the issue with double-clicking returning the second source. In the same uie_albumart.cpp:
Code: [Select]
LRESULT WINAPI uie_albumart::on_message(HWND wnd1,UINT msg,WPARAM wp,LPARAM lp){
    static bool b_dblclick = false; -ADDED THIS VARIABLE TO INDICATE DOUBLE-CLICK
    switch(msg)
    {
    case WM_CREATE:
 break;
    case WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK:
 click_func(cfg_dblclickfunc);
 b_dblclick = true; -ADDED
 break;
    case WM_LBUTTONUP:
 if(!b_dblclick){  -ADDED
     click_func(cfg_lftclickfunc);
 }
 b_dblclick = false;
 break;
    case WM_MBUTTONUP:

Hope it helps!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi. Sorry for the delay, i've been busy with a few other things.

Thanks for the code. Saved me some effort

I'll test and upload updated versions of the DLL and source shortly.

Reply #51
Done. I uploaded the source too. I haven't tested it much but I'm tired and gotta go sleep now.

Reply #52
Done. I uploaded the source too.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358261"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You seem to have uploaded the old source again.  Otherwise, thanks for the update.

Reply #53
Done. I uploaded the source too.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358261"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You seem to have uploaded the old source again.  Otherwise, thanks for the update.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358293"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about that. I was trying to get it online as fast as possible at 2am 
Try again now (the "source" link at the bottom)

Reply #54
the new binary seems to still exhibit all of the old issues...

Reply #55
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358404"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

works like a charm for me, except for that bug when cover is outdated when restored from system tray.
B KaCKe.

Reply #56
It still won't scan through all of my sources.

Reply #57

Did you get the one from the bottom link? (I've removed the old versions now to avoid confusion) If not, redownload it.

Reply #58
It still won't scan through all of my sources.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358406"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you explain what you mean by "scan through all of my sources."?
The test i just did is added "-$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg" and "-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*cover.jpg" to my sources, put two images, '1984-cover.jpg' and 'folder.jpg' in D:\Music\Van Halen\1984, then played a track from that folder. The next source function caused it to switch from folder.jpg to cover.jpg. Is this what you mean?

Reply #59

works like a charm for me, except for that bug when cover is outdated when restored from system tray.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358405"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you mean it fades to the new cover from a really old one? That shouldn't happen anymore, it doesn't for me. Or the cover just doesn't change? I haven't seen that happen on my setup.

Reply #60
new version bug
when nocover(default.png) image... focus
next image source not view

previous virsion work fine

my config

match:E:\Media\Music\album_Photo\%_filename%.jpg
E:\Media\Music\album_Photo\%album%.jpg
E:\Media\Music\album_Photo\%album%.gif
-components\default.png

Reply #61
Try again now (the "source" link at the bottom)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was hoping to experiment with it a bit, but a number of files are missing so I cannot compile.  If it's not too much trouble, please post the whole thing whenever you get around to it.  Thanks David.

EDIT:  I tried using the older versions of the missing files, but the resource files don't match.

EDIT2:  I can confirm ak47mega's bug report.  Once you hit a track without an album cover, it gets stuck and won't display other images.

Reply #62
i get the same bug

Reply #63
Yeah, what they said. My strings worked fine on the previous release. Now it defaults to the my nocover.jpg image.

Reply #64
Haven't tested it much, report any new problems (they are unlikely to be serious. If you are happy with the old version, don't upgrade, this adds nothing new.)

foo_uie_albumart (anim version)-fix

source
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Modified source link error,
Probably this?

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2023]modified source[/url]

Wrong url, I get it from foo_ui_albumart mod files

Reply #65
Yeah, what they said. My strings worked fine on the previous release. Now it defaults to the my nocover.jpg image.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358517"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have applied WigBaM's fixes without really testing them.
I didn't actually understand the problem he was fixing, I see what's causing the current problem. Could someone outline the original problem and how i can emulate it so I can make a proper fix? (sorry I don't have much time for this at the moment)

Reply #66
 Sorry guys!
I do apologise! What seemed to be an easy to fix from the first look didn't quite actually worked out! I admit I didn't tested it througly, though it worked with my config.
David, I have sent you a PM with the problem explanation and new working source (I DID some tests on it this time  )

P.S. Confirm system tray bug gone.
B KaCKe.

Reply #67
Sorry guys!
I do apologise! What seemed to be an easy to fix from the first look didn't quite actually worked out! I admit I didn't tested it througly, though it worked with my config.
David, I have sent you a PM with the problem explanation and new working source (I DID some tests on it this time   )

P.S. Confirm system tray bug gone.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358599"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No problem, it really was my fault, I should have done at least a few tests 
Thanks for all the effort you've put into this, its really appreciated, especially since I have very little time to spend on this atm. So, I present to you, WigBaM's fix (attached to the first post). It works fine in my setup, but I must admit, I only use the most basic functionality (only source folder.jpg, I leave it blank for no cover). I have complete confidence that this will solve your problems, WigBaM has gone to quite a bit of trouble. If it doesnt work, blame me, I probably copy and pasted it wrong 

And also, please post here if there are any other issues/features you would like fixed/added. We all want this plugin to improve (maybe simple is good, but surely its more fun to bloat it with obscure features  [just kidding] ), but I'm out of ideas for improvements.

Reply #68
I noticed it said WigBaM was reading this topic. That was fast. Anyway, I tend to do forum stuff backwards, I made that post, and actually uploading the files and modifying the first post was the last thing i did. (sorry bout that). So you might have to download it again to get the new version.

Reply #69
Problems solved.

Thanks guys!

Reply #70
Thanks david_dl and all...

Reply #71
Thanks for the update, WigBaM and david_dl.  I can confirm that the album art does not fade when restoring from the system tray (that's a good thing).

Reply #72
Hmm, I downloaded the source last night from the very last link on the first post (the file source_again.rar), and I try to compile it, I get the error that "uie_albumart.h" can't be found.  Was this an oversight?

Reply #73
Hmm, I downloaded the source last night from the very last link on the first post (the file source_again.rar), and I try to compile it, I get the error that "uie_albumart.h" can't be found.  Was this an oversight?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358816"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Damn. Not again. I need to stop uploading these files after midnight. Try again now.

Reply #74
david_dl, thank you for your work on rexy's sources! i have small request - could you, please, add a combobox for selecting the edge style (none / sunken / grey)?