Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Who uses wat?

Image + cue sheet
[ 19 ] (55.9%)
individual tracks
[ 12 ] (35.3%)
other
[ 3 ] (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Topic: Image + cue sheet VS individual tracks (Read 4228 times) previous topic - next topic

Image + cue sheet VS individual tracks

jus wondering ...

Reply #1
I'd swear there has already been a poll like that, but actually I couldn't find it... 

Anyway:  BOTH

Image+cuesheet (Lossless, WavPack) for archiving and listening at the PC+ampli

Single tracks, (Lossy, MP3, LAME) for everyday usage with my portable DAP.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #2
I integrate the cuesheet, then use foobar if i want to compress/convert to individual files. That way i have a single CD in a single file, and i can convert it to anything with two mouse clicks.
Veni Vidi Vorbis.

Reply #3
Single file -- cue sheet embedded.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #4
Cuesheet + image (flac)

Reply #5
I integrate the cuesheet, then use foobar if i want to compress/convert to individual files. That way i have a single CD in a single file, and i can convert it to anything with two mouse clicks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334221"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

when u say integrate the quesheet, do u hav a tutorial link? or know where the buton is in eac to do that? guessing its more than just "create image and que sheet"

Reply #6
WavPack image with embedded cuesheet.

Coupled with foobar2000 0.9 (beta 10) this is pretty nifty! All possible metadata can be displayed in Properties. The only edit I usually due to EAC's cuesheet before embedding it is changing the COMMENT field from the EAC version to the CD's catalogue number.

Reply #7
I voted image+cue.

However, the poll should really specify in what circumstance.  Archival or everyday listening?

I voted image+cue as that is my most important version - my CD archive/backup - WavPack -hm with embedded cuesheet, plus external cuesheet and EAC log.

I recently switched from Monkey's Audio to WavPack.  I can't wait to see another lossless poll in 6-12 month's time to see how WavPack is positioned - it seems many of us (FLAC and Monkey's Audio users) are making the switch.

However, for everyday playing I just use LAME -V5 --vbr-new track files - generally created from my WavPack image using foobar's Converter, but some using the excellent ACDIR.

At work I use MPC --standard track files.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #8
All my collection is in MPC format at the moment, individual tracks. But as soon as I switch to lossless (OptimFROG) I'll switch to image + cue.