Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (Read 26992 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_midi

Reply #25
The .syx file must continue to exist on disk after you have added it. It merely adds the file's path as a reference to the tag database for those MIDI files.

foo_midi

Reply #26
The .syx file must continue to exist on disk after you have added it. It merely adds the file's path as a reference to the tag database for those MIDI files.

Yes, both files (.mid and .syx) exist on disk in the same directory but I get the error anyway.

foo_midi

Reply #27
Ok, seems like I found the problem. When both files (.mid and .syx) are in the same directory, the plugin does not store the complete path to the .syx in the <MIDI_SYSEX_DUMPS> tag, it just stores the name of the file, and can't find the sysex file on playback. However, if I put the sysex in a different directory than where the midi file is, it does store the complete path and finds it on playback.

foo_midi

Reply #28
Thanks for your research, algernon64, but in my case to be able to play midi files with assigned sysex dumps I had to use .syx file copied to different disk. It seems that foo_midi stores relative paths to .syx files, and while playing it expects full path instead.

Thus "..\..\..\foo.syx" leads to error, and "c:\foo.syx" works fine.

So I'd like to kindly ask kode54 to implement it right.

Thanks for your time!

foo_midi

Reply #29
And huge thanks to kode54, with recent fix midi files with assigned .SYX play juuuust fine!

foo_midi

Reply #30
Wrong thread sorry, (comes as first result for foo_midi on Google)