Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Saved playlists viewed in Playlist View?? (Read 1300 times) previous topic - next topic

Saved playlists viewed in Playlist View??

Is there a way to view your saved playlists similar to albums, artists, etc? I know I can do File-Load Playlists, but you can not add more than one saved playlist to now playing that way.

I thought I used to be able to see playlists in the folder view.

Thanks,

Howard

Re: Saved playlists viewed in Playlist View??

Reply #1
If you have Explorer context menus enabled, saved playlists should behave the same way as individual files.... I'm pretty sure.... so if you highlight more than one saved playlist, right click and select Play or Enqueue In foobar2000, they should be added to or replace the contents of the current playlist, or a new one etc, rather than being opened as individual playlists.

Edit: Does that help? I interpreted "saved playlists" to mean playlists saved to your hard drive, but maybe that's not what you meant.
Edit: Although you mentioned File/Load Playlist, so maybe it was. :)

Reply #2
@yetanotherid don't think that's what is meant, for one, Play/Engueue from right-click  in Explorer does not equal viewing
Furthermore, the option File -> Load Playlist is already mentioned in the OP's post so he clearly is aware of that option.

Viewing them as Title - Artist - Album in a folder is a whole different kettle of fish... for that you need a Folder Extension handler.
And if the OP isn't confused with something else, then obviously there exists or has existed something to enable this.

Sadly I have no idea what kind of software can make this happen... would be nice to have something like it though. Although I foresee issues with auto-playlists...

That is, as long as we are referring to native Foobar2000 playlists, Don't know anything about non-foobar2000 .pls's or .m3u or .m3u8 playlists and tools associated with these offering same ability

Reply #3
Just_Addict,
Play/Enqueue would allow you to view the contents of saved playlists by loading them into a playlist. You've got to view them in something. :)

File/Load Playlist can be used to load more than one saved playlist at a time, but a new playlist is created for each one you load. That's how it worked for me. If I use File/Load Playlist to load the following:
1.fpl, 2.fpl, 3.fpl and 4.fpl
New playlists named 1, 2, 3 and 4 are be created in the GUI.

If I use the Play/Enqueue method of loading them, the files are added to the current/active playlist instead. I thought that was something along the lines of what he was wanting to achieve, but I could be wrong.

Reply #4
Thanks everyone. Sorry I missed your reply's. I thought I had notifications on.

I may not have been very clear before either. I would just like to have the playlist folder display in Album UI and I could swear a while back the Playlists folder appeared in Folder Structure in the Album UI.

Thanks again and sorry for the late response.

Howard

Reply #5
Thanks Yetanotherid. I gave the explorer context a try. No luck. If the program would just recognize

This really seems like it should be easy enough and desirable enough. If you can browse your music in the "album list ui elements" it seems like browsing playlists there wouldn't be that hard.

Thanks

If you have Explorer context menus enabled, saved playlists should behave the same way as individual files.... I'm pretty sure.... so if you highlight more than one saved playlist, right click and select Play or Enqueue In foobar2000, they should be added to or replace the contents of the current playlist, or a new one etc, rather than being opened as individual playlists.

Edit: Does that help? I interpreted "saved playlists" to mean playlists saved to your hard drive, but maybe that's not what you meant.
Edit: Although you mentioned File/Load Playlist, so maybe it was. :)
Is there a way to view your saved playlists similar to albums, artists, etc? I know I can do File-Load Playlists, but you can not add more than one saved playlist to now playing that way.

I thought I used to be able to see playlists in the folder view.

Thanks,

Howard