Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OggVorbis RC3 Pre3 (Read 4819 times) previous topic - next topic

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

More major library revisions, look like tuning - quality/bitrate management.

New versions of oggenc.exe, vorbis.dll and all the different flavours of oggdrop.exe will soon be available at:

http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/

john33

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #1
Done!

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #2
yeah the vorbis guys are really fast in the last days!!!

Are there any new commandline switches regarding bitrate management etc. ?
btw is the CBR mode already ready to use, just a question, I'll stick with VBR of course:D

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #3
Benjamin,

Sorry, I'm not the right guy to ask, I'm just the factory! 

We'll need Garf, probably, to answer that one.

john33

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #4
Wanted : Garf 

i doubt that it will take long until we'll see RC3.

Yes! Ogg Rulez!! 

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #5
Theres only one thing I'm worring about that rc3 release.
What program should I use to rip those wav-files?
I've always used EAC, but it does not support ogg-tagging yet.
I've talked to the developer, he says the next versjon of EAC will support it, if I remeber right he said that its already supporting it (in the source code). It's been months since I spoke with him, cant some one put some pressure on him or something?

Is there any good alternatives?

Is there at linux console cdripper with CDDB and ogg-tagging support?  I doubt....

metrom

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #6
metrom

If you want the ogg files tag as you rip, I think your only simple option is to use the vorbis.dll with CDex. The dll has the same functionality as the oggenc.exe.

john33

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #7
If you want the ogg files tag as you rip, I think your only simple option is to use the vorbis.dll with CDex. The dll has the same functionality as the oggenc.exe.

You can also use the actual oggenc.exe, using the External Encoder feature of CDex. Go to the Encoder tab. Set 'Encoder' to 'External Encoder'. Set 'Extension' to 'ogg'. Set the correct path to oggenc. Set 'Parameter String' to something like:

-N %tn -t "%t"  -l "%b" -a "%a" -b 999 -o "%2" "%1"

(this was an example for using Garf's tuned GT2 encoder). Change the bitrate section of the parameter string (-b ...) to whatever you want to use. This does not use on the fly encoding (which doesn't work particularly well with Windows and external processes anyway: pipes on Windows <= 2000 are stupidly slow creatures, and I'm using 98SE when I use Windows at all).

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #8
%tn doesn't work in CDex 1.40 beta 8 & 9. In beta 8, CDex thought you wanted %t + "n", so all the track numbers became "Trackname1n", "Trackname2n", etc. I've notified Albert Faber about this and it is half fixed in beta 9 because CDex now understands that we want the track numbers but still adds the "n", so now the track numbers in beta 9 become "01n", "02n"...

OggVorbis RC3 Pre3

Reply #9
it is half fixed in beta 9 because CDex now understands that we want the track numbers but still adds the "n", so now the track numbers in beta 9 become "01n", "02n"...  

Oh yes... I'd not noticed this until now. Oh well, I normally use my own script in Linux to rip and encode anyway