Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 148233 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #325
Are there any plans for implementing Last/Libre.fm scrobbling in Mac/iOS apps? And/or plugin API so others can implement scrobbling?
Scrobbling on Android can be achieved using external apps since all music plays are exposed via system API, but on iOS such API doesn't exist so all apps have to implement scrobbling by themselves.

Reply #326
I second this question for macOS.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #327
I was a long term user of mp3tag and started using foobar only because of a need to calculate crc's from various tag, but since then it's proven indispensable, and has allowed me to consolidate a workflow of many tools to just one, so thank you for such an elegant, configurable product.

My only request would be to make the Properties window dockable as a standard UI element. I'm currently using TagBox for that (see attached picture), but it hasn't been developed since 2011 so I'd rather move to a stock solution.

Oh, and I currently use Keyboard Shortcuts to simplify my editing workflow (clear tags, tag from musicbrainz, apply replaygain, rename e.t.c.) and if there's any way to string multiple actions together that would be cool.

Other than that I couldn't fault it!

Reply #328
Feature Request

Add option in Preferences/Media Library/Album List/Actions/Double-click to always send to "Default" playlist/tab.

I usually have several tabs loaded up with sets of my favourite albums to play, but also of course frequently play another album. I always navigate with the Album list, in simple folder order. If I forget to move the tab focus to the Default tab before double-clicking a different album then my carefully loaded tab is overwritten. Time after time  :'(

If the double-clicked selection was always sent to a tab named "Default" (and that tab then automagically changed to and played), it would make my life easier and save me keep topping up the swear jar  8)

Reply #330
Add option in Preferences/Media Library/Album List/Actions/Double-click to always send to "Default" playlist/tab.
There is already a similar option to send tracks to a default Library playlist - enable the 'Library Viewer Selection Playlist' under Preferences > Media Library. Optionally enable 'Activate When Changed'. Then a single click in Album List will switch to the Library playlist and update it, leaving other playlists untouched. (Though you may have to drag tracks or right-click to add to other playlists)

Otherwise, there is Library Tree (script w/ Spider Monkey Panel) which has many options, though I cannot recall the click-actions off hand.

Cheers

Reply #331
Please, re add the ability to add text instead of, or and in addition to, images for DUI toolbar buttons. Also. how about  adding sounds to buttons; same as icon files but sound files. Sounds on button presses would make Foobar's UI more accessible. Thanks.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #332
Hello,

I would like the option in advanced settings to manually set buffer length to lower then 50ms. I use foobar for years in my studio as frequency analyzer (not as music player) and need this option to finally make it work in real-time. Would love option for at least 25ms settings or lower to make it a bit more responsive for my work. Everything works great only this part is locked for additional fine tuning. I am mastering engineer and when I work I send AES/SPDIF signal directly to foo_musical_spectrum analyzer it can go to 10ms.

Reply #333
There is already a similar option to send tracks to a default Library playlist...

That's so close it's annoying, lol. It would be great if it didn't take over *all* the mouse buttons and left the other functionality alone. It makes doing anything else quite awkward but I'll test drive it for a while and see if I can acclimatise. If not I'll take a look at that script.

Thank you :)

Reply #334
Hello, I have one tip, when copying all the tags for all selected albums by Properties, when I erase tags and paste back all the tags for all those albums, only standard tags are created, every other (publisher, isrc etc.) is dumped if I don't create empty fields for them manually. Could the foobar do this when pasting them back and create missing fields for all copied tags? Thanks in advance.

Reply #335
If I choose "Paste Fields" instead of "Paste", then all custom fields are added as well.

Reply #336
I would be great if Media Library view "by folder structure" would sort everything exactly like windows explorer does - files always after folders.

Reply #337
I'd like to suggest Gradient Colors palette across playlists, rows etc.

Colors at best selected by left click as primary and right click as secondary color.

I apologize if it's already out there.

Reply #338
It'd be cool if the stub image could be associated with different media types via a tag association. Or if there was a media type graphic that indicated which media or CODEC. Playing a CD would show a CD, playing a FLAC would show whatever symbol for FLAC, etc.

Reply #339
^ @2tec
You can do something like that already if you sacrifice one of the 4 art threads. I have no use for "Disc" images so I use that for Genre icons in Facets. (What would be more cool is if there were a 5th art thread for external "Icon" images, instead of having them be embedded only...)

Preferences > Display > Album Art, Disc tab goes like this -

Code: [Select]
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Country),$strstr(%style%,Country)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\country.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Reggae),$strstr(%style%,Reggae)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\reggae.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Folk),$strstr(%style%,Folk),$strstr(%style%,Bluegrass)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\folk.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Game)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\game.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Metal),$strstr(%genre%,Punk),$strstr(%style%,Metal)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\metal.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Rap & Hip-Hop),$strstr(%style%,Rap),$strstr(%style%,Vocal)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\rap.png)
$if($or($strstr(%style%,Acoustic),$strstr(%style%,Instrumental)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\acoustic.png)
$if($or($strstr(%style%,Comedy)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\comedy.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Podcast),$strstr(%genre%,Interview),$strstr(%style%,Spoken Word)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\vocal.png)
$if($or($strstr(%style%,Gospel)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\gospel.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Radio)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\radio.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Video)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\video.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Classical),$strstr(%genre%,New Age),$strstr(%style%,Celtic),$strstr(%style%,Orchestral)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\classical.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Electronic),$strstr(%style%,Demo),$strstr(%style%,Remix)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\electronic.png)
$if($or($strstr(%style%,Dance)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\dance.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Jazz),$strstr(%style%,Jazz)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\jazz.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Funk),$strstr(%genre%,Soul),$strstr(%style%,Soul)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\funk.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Blues),$strstr(%style%,Blues)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\blues.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Pop),$strstr(%genre%,Stage & Screen),$strstr(%style%,Soundtrack),$strstr(%style%,Musical)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\pop.png)
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,Rock),$strstr(%style%,Rock),$strstr(%style%,Live),$strstr(%style%,Psychedelic)),C:\Freeware\Foobar2000\profile\icons\genres\rock.png)

Incidentally, I still have Disc.jpg images in the album folders that can be displayed by SMP script, so nothing is really sacrificed. ;)

(See here the icons on left of screenshot to give you an idea...)

Reply #340
Interesting idea for genres; I like it and your skin. You also gave me an idea, I could just have distinct folders for each media type for singles with no folder artwork and put a media image in that folder. Thanks. :)

Reply #341
Option for Converter to copy subfolders, not only files.

Reply #342
Minor tweak for Utilities -> Select stream:
Grey out "Select stream" if there is only one audio stream.

(Edit: is there any %__audiostreams% or that kind to query for those with more than one?)

Reply #343
Hello, I have a simple and quick suggestion, I don't think it has been suggested before.
I would very much like another mode to be added in the "Order" dropdown menu: stop after the currently playing track, which could be summarized as Stop (@end of track) or Last track or something similar.
Maybe the "Order" label should be renamed "Play Mode" or something along this line.
I think it's simple to add and some other people may find this useful, but maybe I'm wrong.
I wish you the best, thanks =)

Reply #344
Hello, I have a simple and quick suggestion, I don't think it has been suggested before.
I would very much like another mode to be added in the "Order" dropdown menu: stop after the currently playing track, which could be summarized as Stop (@end of track) or Last track or something similar.
Maybe the "Order" label should be renamed "Play Mode" or something along this line.
I think it's simple to add and some other people may find this useful, but maybe I'm wrong.
I wish you the best, thanks =)
I suggested this too - I think I called it "Play Once". It would definitely be a useful feature when you're going through and playing single files at a time with downtime in between, and you don't want to hit "Stop After Current" every time or change your preferred settings from "Reset the above when stopping", which is what I want most of the time.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #345
I suggested this too - I think I called it "Play Once". It would definitely be a useful feature when you're going through and playing single files at a time with downtime in between, and you don't want to hit "Stop After Current" every time or change your preferred settings from "Reset the above when stopping", which is what I want most of the time.
I admit I had forgotten the "Stop after current" option in the Playback menu.
So the option is already there but I think it should be moved in the "Order" dropdown.
I'm constantly using this dropdown because it's always there and just need to hover and mousewheel it, not even a click required, so practical.

Reply #346
I admit I had forgotten the "Stop after current" option in the Playback menu.
So the option is already there but I think it should be moved in the "Order" dropdown.
I'm constantly using this dropdown because it's always there and just need to hover and mousewheel it, not even a click required, so practical.
I agree there should be an option in the dropdown menu, but removing the "Stop After Current" option/button as it currently works would break foobar2000 for me completely. I use that functionality many times every day, and I just couldn't enjoy music the same way I do now without it. It is absolutely vital to me and I'm glad it exists.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #347
Referring to https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120894 :

Improve the "Optimize file layout + minimize file size" to "Optimize file layout & size" and under advanced preferences:

Minimum padding when file is rewritten (set = 0 to minimize file size)

and a toggle button for

[_] Round up to multiple of xxxx bytes
The default value of 4096 will not increase file size on a default-valued uncompressed NTFS file system.

And a selection for the latter to

[_] Apply also when file size does not change (default: off)
When checked, the file will be rewritten in full with maximum padding for the same size. When unchecked, re-write will be skipped if it does not change file size. Padding policy will always be applied when re-write is forced by tag updates.

Reply #348
Hi.
Feature request;
Add a advance duplicate search (playlist/library), for eg. 'title ISSAME' or 'Album HASSAME memories' Then select the dupes.
Something like that.

Reply #349
Hi.
Feature request;
Add a advance duplicate search (playlist/library), for eg. 'title ISSAME' or 'Album HASSAME memories' Then select the dupes.
Something like that.
That requires dynamic execution of queries, where ALBUM IS "XXXX" translates into something usable according to the currently selected track. You propose checking all duplicates titles (against all titles), but that grows exponentially as soon as you add multiple entries like that.
That's the main weak point of queries on foobar, since they are static.

You can do things like that with SMP or JSP. And you can find an implementation of tools using dynamic queries like that (and more complex tasks) here:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120394.msg996756#msg996756

X
For ex. you can remove duplicates from a playlist, where "duplicate" means same title, artist and date or any tag you want.
Or filter the current playlist with tracks with same genre than the currently selected track, etc. Those "queries" change from track to track.

X
There is another tool to search for any track on your library matching same X from selection. Where X can be a tag, a combination of tags, a number of tags (like any 2 genres), etc. which does exactly what you requested and many more things (like remapping artist as composer, etc).