Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Piping Azid output to LAME (Read 4079 times) previous topic - next topic

Piping Azid output to LAME

I am trying to decode an AC3 file directly to MP3.

So far, I have come up with this:

azid.exe -c normal -L -3db -s stereo -F pcm in.ac3 -|lame --alt-preset cbr 128 -r -s 48 - out.mp3

All I get from this is an MP3 full of noise.

Had one hell of a time finding out how to get the piping to work. A bit of Googling yielded this.

But I am stuck now. I can't figure this out.

EDIT: Say "BeSweet", and I will kill you.

EDIT2: Okay, I don't mind BeSweet, I just want to figure out how to do this myself, that's all.

Reply #1
If you do crack and switch to BeSweet (why not?), this is what the BeSweet GUI does ()

It goes something like this...(I just did this rip, so obviously change whatever you need to change)

"C:\DVD Ripping\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "d:\A_WALK_TO_REMEMBER\VIDEO_TS\walk AC3 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -83ms.ac3" -output "d:\A_WALK_TO_REMEMBER\VIDEO_TS\walk -83ms.MP3" ) -azid( -n1 -L -3db ) -ssrc( --rate 44100 --twopass ) -lame( --alt-preset 128 )

Reply #2
I just tried piping to oggenc. Same result - noise.

This makes me think that Azid is messing something up.

@RyanVM

That is the command line for the BeSweet.exe. I have no use for that. What I would like to know is how BeSweet does it's piping.

Reply #3
EDIT: Say "BeSweet", and I will kill you.

Headac3he 

Reply #4
So far, I have come up with this:

azid.exe -c normal -L -3db -s stereo -F pcm in.ac3 -|lame --alt-preset cbr 128 -r -s 48 - out.mp3

All I get from this is an MP3 full of noise.

Had one hell of a time finding out how to get the piping to work. A bit of Googling yielded this.

The link you provided suggests the commandline
azid -F pcm in.ac3 - | lame -r -x -s 48 - out.mp3
Does this basic commandline work? I notice that your commandline leaves out the -x switch (Lame longhelp says -x activates "byte-swapping of input").

I'd test Midas' barebones commandline myself, but my DVD drive is out of commission so I can't obtain an .ac3 to work with.

Reply #5
Azib probably uses a switched high/low byte order. The result is indeed noise. Using -x should solve it (I'm unable to test, sorry)

Reply #6
I did try using -x, but to no avail. I also tried the basic commandline, but still no success.

Reply #7
You have to send bug report to Azid author, this program doesn't set stdout to binary mode and outputs garbage. You have to decode into temporary file for now and encode this temp file afterwards.

Reply #8
Bug report sent.

I will keep this thread updated.

Reply #9
ARG!

The mail bounced .

Reply #10
@RyanVM

That is the command line for the BeSweet.exe. I have no use for that. What I would like to know is how BeSweet does it's piping.

That's why I said that it was useful IF YOU CAVED AND SWITCHED TO BESWEET.

Reply #11
That's why I said that it was useful IF YOU CAVED AND SWITCHED TO BESWEET.

I'm going to have to kill you now, RyanVM .