Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best way to embed cue into wavpack file? (Read 2297 times) previous topic - next topic

Best way to embed cue into wavpack file?

After ripping close to 550 CDs using EAC and Wavpack (as image/cue), I realized that I neglected to embed the cue file.  >:(

As you might imagine, I don't want to have to re-rip all 550 CDs, so I'm on a quest to find the best way to embed all of the cue files, preferably unattended.

I think I found a way to do this using CUETools (multiselect, encode, embedded). Are there any reasons why this won't work? Any issues to look out for? Thanks.
Be dangerous and unpredictable...and make a lot of noise

Re: Best way to embed cue into wavpack file?

Reply #1
wvtag

Reply #2
Is there a way to do that in a batch?
Be dangerous and unpredictable...and make a lot of noise

Reply #3
I think I found a way to do this using CUETools (multiselect, encode, embedded). Are there any reasons why this won't work? Any issues to look out for? Thanks.
Tagging considerations
If you want to keep the current metadata from the CUE file (and possibly the current file tags) you may want to untick "Edit Tags"
If you configured EAC to tag the WavPack file and want to keep those tags you may want to make sure "Copy basic tags" (and possibly "Copy unknown tags") are ticked.
If you don't want the "album" metadata from the CUE file added as file tags untick "Write basic tags from CUE data"
If you also want to embed the EAC extraction log tick "Write extraction log to "LOG" tag"
Album Art should be self explanatory.
CUETools will also add database tags (AccurateRip and CTDB) when you embed the CUE file if these are set.
Encode and verify "Write AccurateRip tags"

"Write CTDB tags on encode"

CUETools stores some data from each rip processed that doesn't flush until the end of the run. If you try to do really large batches at once CUETools may crash from a buffer overflow or run out of system resources.
korth