Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to display TOPE ID3v2 frame (original artist) in metadata? (Read 1826 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display TOPE ID3v2 frame (original artist) in metadata?

I'm using foobar2000 with Default User Inferface. In the Metadata box, I see the following ID3v2 frames:

• Artist Name
  • Track Title
  • Date
  • Genre
  • Composer
  • Track Number
  • Comment

Is there a way to also show the Original Artist frame?

According to ID3v2 specs, the name of this frame is TOPE.

Re: How to display TOPE ID3v2 frame (original artist) in metadata?

Reply #1
No, it can't be customised.

But TOPE should be available as %original artist% in any custom playlist column or other panel that supports title formatting. You can view the mappings for the frames fb2k supports here...

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:ID3_Tag_Mapping

Reply #2
You can add Original Artist (or any other field) as a standard field so it always appears in track Properties. Edit the option in File > Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties dialog > Standard fields, and add it somewhere in the order you want fields to appear -

Code: [Select]
Original Artist=ORIGINAL ARTIST;

Reply #3
I assumed the OP was talking about the selection properties panel. If I got that wrong, oops.

edit: of course the Properties dialog would already show <ORIGINAL ARTIST> for existing tags. You only need the advanced preference setting for the convenience of adding it to new files without those tags.

Reply #4
You can add Original Artist (or any other field) as a standard field so it always appears in track Properties. Edit the option in File > Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties dialog > Standard fields, and add it somewhere in the order you want fields to appear -

Code: [Select]
Original Artist=ORIGINAL ARTIST;

It worked, thank you.

Just for the record, I found this list with all the fields: