Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Will the default EAC settings allow for a perfect rip? (Read 1309 times) previous topic - next topic

Will the default EAC settings allow for a perfect rip?

I used EAC with a new optical drive and didn't realize that the drive options reverted to the defaults (instead of the drive settings of last optical drive used) - so ripping mode was set to "burst" and gap accuracy was set to "inaccurate"

I didn't realize the settings were on the defaults until I had ripped 3 CDs. Here are the results:

CD1
16 tracks, all with "Accurately ripped (confidence 2)" and a CUETools DB status of "(5/5) Accurately ripped"

CD2
30 tracks, all with "Accurately ripped (confidence 5)" or "Accurately ripped (confidence 4)" and CUETools DB statuses ranging from "(25/25) Accurately ripped" to "(23/25) Accurately ripped"

CD3
30 tracks, all with "Accurately ripped (confidence 15)" or "Accurately ripped (confidence 14)" and CUETools DB statuses ranging from "(29/29) Accurately ripped" to "(28/29) Accurately ripped"

Since the AccurateRip CRC codes match and since the CUETools DB status is "Accurately ripped", is it safe to assume that the rips were perfect? That all of the audio files were perfect?

So the CUETools DB comparison confirms that the gaps were accurate, right?

Would you recommend doing a second rip using secure mode? Would there be any advantage in doing a secure rip for these CDs?

A secure rip with secure gap detection would generate the exact same audio files and cue sheets, right?

If 'burst" is just as good as "secure" unless the CD is heavily scratched, is it better to set the ripping mode to "burst"?