Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: (Request) consider adding per monitor-dpi awardness (Read 1338 times) previous topic - next topic

(Request) consider adding per monitor-dpi awardness

Hi,

It has been a long time since foobar2000 gained DPI awareness. Today I would like to point my finger at something else that have been bothering me for the last few years.

I have dual monitor setup. My main monitor is 24" with 3840x2160 resolution, so I'm running it at 200% windows scaling. My secondary monitor is also 24" however only 1920x1080 so it runs at standard 100% scaling.

foobar2000 is DPI aware and scales properly on my main monitor. Problem occurs when I drag and drop it onto my secondary monitor. It does not scale properly back down to 100% and as a result I end up with blurry scaled-down interface. See screenshots below for comparison. Left is my 1080p screen, and right is 2160p.

https://imgur.com/a/1SFHtyX
*I know I am running columns UI however it is not the problem here. The same blurry scaling down occurs with Default User Interface.

I have 4k monitor since 2015 and remember seeing software slowly adapting to high-dpi scaling. Foobar2000 is almost perfect when it comes to scaling, and multi-dpi support is last thing it needs to be completely perfect.

From top of my head, other software out there that now supports multi-dpi properly is Windows' File Explorer, Google Chrome, Vivaldi, Most of Microsoft Office apps, or Discord.

As a user of foobar2000 since 2007/2008, it would be nice to have this feature added to make dpi support 'perfect'.

Re: (Request) consider adding per monitor-dpi awardness

Reply #1
Indeed, as long time foobar2000/multi-monitor user I would also love to see this finally get resolved (I specifically registered on the forum to lookup and +1 this issue).