Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multichannel 5.1 WAV DTS to Stereo Output ? (Read 15353 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Multichannel 5.1 WAV DTS to Stereo Output ?

Reply #25
> Created from "C:\Downloads\WAV Samples\01 - No Friend of Mine (Original).wav"
since the DTSWav file was corrupted.
,,,,,, does this mean that the original WAV DTS is corrupted ?

I don't know.  Possibly Audiomuxer generates that output line for every input to this tool; i.e, maybe it assumes that if you feed it something, it must be corrupted.   It generated the same message when I fed it the (Converted) dtswav file, which was not visibly or audibly 'broken', i.e it displayed and plays correctly as a 6channel DTS file. 

==> C:\Downloads\wav2dts\01 - No Friend of Mine (Converted).fixed.wav
> DTS | 44100Hz | 1 411.2 kb/s | 6Ch (3/2/0.1)

> Created from "C\Downloads\wav2dts\01 - No Friend of Mine (Converted).wav
since the DTSWav file was corrupted.

Unlike for (Original), the (Converted).fixed.wav file played and displayed properly (though it was not bit-identical to the input file, and file size was smaller)

All that said:  in the particular case of No Friend of Mine (Original),  the file does seem to be nonstandard or messed up in some way, probably related to the header.  Nevertheless, eahm above was able to extract the DTS stream from it, which I couldn't do with wav2dts.  That is your best course.  Extract the DTS stream from it as he did, and play that with Musicbee.