Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replaygain: Scan selection as albums (by tags) - not working in foobar (Read 4133 times) previous topic - next topic

Replaygain: Scan selection as albums (by tags) - not working in foobar

I repeatedly tried to do the following: Replaygain -> Scan selection as albums (by tags) over a playlist with several correcly tagged albums (MP3, ID3v1 & ID3v2) on it. The outcome it for each single file on the playlist is: album gain = track gain. If I scan a selection of tracks as single album however, the correct album gain is computed. Could this be a bug in foobar's replaygain component?

Edit: I'm using foobar 1.0 on Windows XP, foo_rgcan is 2.0.9

Reply #1
Still the same problem with v1.0.2.1

Can someone confirm that this is a known bug!?

Reply #2
You can check "Album grouping pattern" for RG scanner under Tools in Advanced preferences and see if something is wrong there

Reply #3
Oh thanks, didn't even know about this option. The field was empty. I inserted %album% and now it works. Just wonder why, it worked a while ago and I never touched this option...

Reply #4
Oh thanks, didn't even know about this option. The field was empty. I inserted %album% and now it works. Just wonder why, it worked a while ago and I never touched this option...

Better use %album artist% - %album% to prevent wrong album gain values in the rare case when you scan two identically named albums at the same time. ("Best Of" is a quite common album title...)

Reply #5
Mine is currently set to:

%album artist% | %date% | %album%

which is the default.

Reply #6
Good idea - thank you all.