Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Plugin Request] Foo_Vacinator (Read 4843 times) previous topic - next topic

[Plugin Request] Foo_Vacinator

anyone here knows morgoths mp3 vaccinator? its a small programm that calculates a mp3 checksum (though only of the audiodata excluding the tags (!!!)) and adds it to the tag
this way you can make sure your files have not changed, even if you retagged them or whatsoever

further mp3 vaccinator seems not really easy to get a hand on lately and its really a great principle though

now if one could implement the same functionality in a plugin similar to the replaygain scanner my world would be saved

if theres any interesst i can put the vaccinaor to a webside

Reply #1
Such a field is already included in the LAME tag and zZzZzZz mentioned that he might develop a musicCRC scanner.
(Encspot features a validation check utilizing this field - it miscalculates the CRC of files with an APEv2 tag though)

Adding an extra tagfield for this purpose would probably be redundant for the vast majority of files.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #2
Such a field is already included in the LAME tag and zZzZzZz mentioned that he might develop a musicCRC scanner.
(Encspot features a validation check utilizing this field - it miscalculates the CRC of files with an APEv2 tag though)

Adding an extra tagfield for this purpose would probably be redundant for the vast majority of files.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311098"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

oh didnt know that there is allready such a field, though a nice plugin foor foobar that checks the crcs would still be cool (f.e. so that you can add it to a serpate column)

i know this would be a prozessor killer for large playlists possible though, so maybe also an option for "max plalist size to check" or sthg

Reply #3
Not gonna happen. Imagine how long it would take to check each files CRC upon importing.
All you can hope for is something like a context menu action "Check MusicCRCs".
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #4
Not gonna happen. Imagine how long it would take to check each files CRC upon importing.
All you can hope for is something like a context menu action "Check MusicCRCs".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311219"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yeah thats why there should be some smart option for it (like possibly doing it in background with idle threat priority)
of curse it could not be implementet straight