Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Dynamic Range Meter - Any way to show DR scores on status bar?  (Read 9218 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: [not my release] ...

Foobar2000 Dynamic Range Meter - Any way to show DR scores on status bar?

Sorry if this has been answered already; I could not find it in my searches.

I'm using default ui with facets. I have the foo_dynamic_range plugin, and I understand how to tag DR to files and display it in album view, playlists, etc., but I'm wondering if there is a way to display DR scores (for each individual track, or the whole album, or both) in the status bar at the bottom (along with bitrate, etc?). Thanks.

Re: Foobar2000 Dynamic Range Meter - Any way to show DR scores on status bar?

Reply #1
Go to the Default UI preferences page. You can edit the title formatting string for the status bar in the lower part of the page in the "Playback State Display Formatting" section.

Reply #2
... and insert something like this
Album DR: $if2(%album dynamic range%,–) | Track DR: $if2(%dynamic range%,–)

Reply #3
Awesome, thanks!

Reply #4
I'd also like to see the dynamic range on the status bar. 
I cut and pasted PeteG's suggested text as directed, but all I get is "Album DR: - | Track DR: -".  No numeric values, just 'dashes'.  I must be missing something basic but after some tinkering I haven't been able to resolve this.  If anyone could suggest something I'd appreciate it.
(In any case foobar is an amazing program which I'm gratefully using; many thanks to the developers!)

Reply #5
Maybe you need that foo_dynamic_range plugin installed? You haven't mentioned if you did.
If you did - maybe you have too many plugins added to foobar and you have reached TLS slot limit (128 dll's per app)? If yes then certain plugins may not be loaded even if they are listed in Preferences.

Reply #6
Thanks for your reply; yes I do have the plugin installed.  And if I right click on a track the Dynamic Range Meter window pops up, with a reading. 
I was just hoping to have it shown on the status bar along with the other "standard" track info.  Admittedly not critical but it would be handy as a piece of standard info.

Reply #7
Oh and btw I have the DR Meter vn 1.1.1 (just in case the version number matters).  And vn 1.3.17 of Foobar.

Reply #8
Is the result of a scan stored in file tags that you can see in Properties? This can be configured in Advanced  Preferences. Once the DR statistic is calculated and stored, you don't necessarily need the plugin to display it.

Advanced -> Tools -> Dynamic Range Meter -> Write DR meta data tags

Reply #9
Ahh, I get it.  Thanks a bunch everyone; and again thanks to the developers of this exceptional software.  Cheers and Happy New Year's!

Reply #10
Does it possible to read/display in Foobar from foo_dr.txt file?

Reply #11
Yes, read DR values from foo_dr.txt file would be best...

All music in one file (APE, FLAC, ISO, ...) can have DR information only in foo_dr.txt file.

Reply #12
Yes, read DR values from foo_dr.txt file would be best...

All music in one file (APE, FLAC, ISO, ...) can have DR information only in foo_dr.txt file.

Im looking foward for this since a long time! How would I do this?