Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2.1 stereo setup. (Read 2938 times) previous topic - next topic

2.1 stereo setup.

Hi everbody,
I've been reading what I could find about the Chaintech AV710. (Not going to use the Xtreme Music).
I prefer to use my stereo speakers and enjoy 2.1. Most of the time the sound card is used for music.
Unless I've missed some posts, what's available is about using the AV710 w/headphones.
For my use, do I need to change any jumpers?
I believe I'm supposed to setup the software the same as for the headphones and use the rear channel plug. But I'm not sure. Is there a preferred way of setting the software up for 2.1?

I also know that the best way to enjoy the AV710 is by using FB2K with plugins and modfications. (See-I really do read.)
I'd appreciate it if someone would be patient enough to walk me through the steps of installing the plugins.
Big thanks to all for your patience and help.
Diana

2.1 stereo setup.

Reply #1
Is there a preferred way of setting the software up for 2.1?

2.1 speakers are generally just plain 2.0 speakers with separate enclosures for the woofer and the middle range speakers. The "satellite" speaker boxes carry the middle range speaker cones with handle middle to high frequencies, while the central big box (the .1), holds the woofer cone that handles the low frequencies.
For your soundcard to actually doing 2.1 output, it would have to render audio thru the Front Speaker Output (the 2) + the LFE Speaker Output (.1). Unless this feature is enabled in your soundcard, then is the speaker system that is actually making the 2.1 output itself.

I´m not familiarized with FB2K, can´t help u there.
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."

2.1 stereo setup.

Reply #2
Thanks for the help.
It's a good place to start.
Diana

2.1 stereo setup.

Reply #3
You've got just a stereo input on the 2.1 speaker set, right? I think you just plug it in - there should be a built in crossover that'll send the low frequencies to the subwoofer.

2.1 stereo setup.

Reply #4
Thanks for helping.
What I meant was that there are a number of threads about setting up the Cahintech AV-710 for best sound with headphones.
I'm wondering if there's also a 'best setup' for 2.1 stereo.
Thanks.
Di

2.1 stereo setup.

Reply #5
No, just plug it in.